What You'll Do
You will be responsible for the development, support, maintenance and implementation of an enterprise application that is scalable, resilient and distributed.
In this role, you will migrate existing solutions onto a public cloud and help adapt cloud native capabilities. You will work on solving problems of relatively complex scope through general usage of standard programming concepts and principles, and application of own judgment. You will be a member of a squad that has the technical capability to develop and implement various components of an application from end to end. You will develop and implement new and ongoing application needs to complete end to end setup of the product. You will contribute to the architecture across the technology stack from database to native apps. You will design, build and deploy full-scale enterprise applications by working collaboratively and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully function web-based and mobile applications that meet business goals.
You will be a fully contributing team member, under broad guidance from architects and technology leaders. You'll further build upon domain knowledge and technical/ proprietary skills to reach higher levels of expertise.
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in our Atlanta, GA or Waltham, MA office as part of McKinsey's Technology & Digital (T&D) function which develops technology solutions for the firm. You will be part of all business value chain activities from understanding product needs to product development to on-going maintenance and enhancement.
- 3+ years of frontend, backend or full-stack software development experience
- Solid knowledge of at least one development technology/ programming language
- Experience with ReactJS, Redux, Typescript, HTML5, CSS3, ECMAScript 6, WebPack and/or Babel
- Experience developing cloud native applications in AWS or Azure
- Certification as AWS Solutions Architect or Certified Developer is a plus
- Experience with Java 8 or higher and with SpringBoot 2 framework.
- Experience working with Microservices and Event Driven Architecture and with container orchestration managers, such as Kubernetes
- Experience with TDD and DevOps practices and tooling, such as CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with backend and/or frontend testing frameworks like JUnit, Mocha, Chai or Enzyme