Senior Cloud Security Solutions Architect at SADA (Remote)
Join SADA as a Senior Cloud Security Solutions Architect!
As a Senior Cloud Security Solutions Architect at SADA, you will work collaboratively with other architects and engineers to design, prototype and head the deployment of secure, scalable Google Cloud Platform (GCP) architectures for enterprise clients. You will work with customers, engineering teams, product teams, Googlers, and sales teams to qualify potential engagements, craft robust architectural proposals, and deliver Statements of Work (SOWs) that engineering teams can successfully execute. You will identify and develop new security-focused solutions that customers can take advantage of on Google Cloud. You’re also hands-on, able to conduct experiments and build functioning prototypes that prove out ideas and build confidence in the solutions you build and advocate.
Pathway to Success
Your super-power will be in helping customers understand specifically how Google Cloud’s security technology can fundamentally solve their technical challenges and enable their future success. You will inspire cross-functional leadership from our engineering teams. You will be trusted to head projects and engagements, and given the freedom to build new solutions and products that meet customer needs.
You will be a recognized expert within SADA and will develop a reputation with customers as well as the Google Cloud sales and professional services organizations for the quality of your work. You will demonstrate repeated advanced delivery of project architectures, including architectures that cannot be delivered by less experienced architects. You will also spearhead early-stage opportunity technical qualification calls, as well as run client-facing technical discussions.
You will be way out in front of our delivery organization, meeting with the full spectrum of corporate and enterprise customers that need our consultative services in the area of cloud security. You will have your finger on the pulse of their technical needs and work together to solve their real-world problems on Google Cloud.
You will be measured quarterly by a combination of (a) the volume of signed SOWs that you shepherd through the sales funnel, (b) the level of customer satisfaction measured at the end of each engagement, (c) the efficacy and repeatability of the customer solutions that you build.
Required Travel - 30% travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel has been temporarily restricted.
Customer Facing - This is a customer-facing role. You will interact with customers on a daily basis. You will participate on calls and onsite customer meetings to qualify consultative engagements with engineering and business teams. You will present solutions, architectures, SOWs, demos, and other technical materials to build trust and confidence in SADA’s ability to guide the customer through their cloud adoption.
Training - Ongoing and never ending, with first week orientation at HQ followed by a 90 day onboarding schedule. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel has been temporarily restricted.
- Google Professional Cloud Architect Certified and/or Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certified, or able to complete one of the above within the first 45 days of employment.
- Mastery in the following domain areas:
- Understanding the security implications of cloud-native design based on hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience architecting, managing and deploying cloud identify services
- Experience with cryptography and key management.
- Deep experience implementing Google Cloud security products. (i.e. Cloud DLP, Cloud KMS, Chronicle, BeyondCorp, IAP, SCC, Service Controls, etc)
- Google Cloud Security
- Experience with automation technologies including Terraform, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, AWS Cloud Formation, or Microsoft Azure ARM templates.
- Knowledge and experience with Google Cloud data protection patterns, geographic security compliance, and or industry-specific regulations
- Experience providing oversight and direction of cloud projects.
- Experience running technical design sessions, architecting and documenting technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives, and identifying gaps between the client's current and desired end states.
- Experience strategizing, designing, architecting and managing the deployment of secure, scalable solutions on GCP.
- Experience across more than one cloud platform: GCP, AWS, Azure, Oracle, or others.
- Experience working with engineering and sales teams to clearly identify customer requirements.
- Experience scoping and estimating time commitments needed for complex engineering tasks.
- Ability to communicate across business units and the ability to interface with and communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple streams and guide less experienced architects.
- Experience as a technical consultant or another customer-facing technical role.
- Hands-on experience designing and recommending elegant solutions that drive business outcomes.
- Experience building, designing, and migrating complex cloud security architectures.
- Experience with web application security, penetration testing, exploit writing, SIEM and SOAR, 3rd party next-gen firewalls like PaloAlto, container and kubernetes security, secure SDL experience, risk management frameworks, FedRAMP and other regulatory frameworks, 3rd party risk management, Oauth, OpenID and SAML, continuous compliance scanning, contributions to open source projects, YARA rules, rego policy, regular expressions, etc.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and techniques with a willingness and capability to skill up the team.
- Ability to lead an in-depth client meeting/workshop across a broad range of topics including discovery, compliance and security.
- Deep understanding of best practices, design patterns, reference and compliance architectures with an expert ability to build and recommend these as needed.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends, new technologies and the ability to apply these to customer architectures to drive outcomes.
- Certifications from ISC2, CSA, or SANS and experience on other public cloud providers.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make them rave
- Be data-driven
- Think one step ahead
- Drive purposeful impact
- Do the right thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for Google Cloud portfolio of products since 2016 and has been named the 2020, 2019, and 2018 Google Cloud Global Reseller Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work year after year by the Business Intelligence Group, Inc. Magazine, as well as LA Business Journal!
Benefits: Unlimited PTO, Paid Parental Leave, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K/RRSP with match, professional development reimbursement program as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 15 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 4000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 30M+ users migrated to the cloud.
SADA is committed to the safety of its employees and recommends that new hires receive a COVID vaccination before beginning work.