By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
DISQO is changing the way that the world’s largest brands, agencies and consumer intelligence companies get to know their consumers. We’ve built the first identity-based platform that combines consumer attitudes and behaviors together to power the most accurate and predictive insights solutions for our customers, and we do all of that with the willing participation of our consumers and without using outdated technologies like third-party cookies. We help our customers get a cross-platform view into consumer sentiment, measure advertising effectiveness, analyze consumer purchase journeys, and ultimately grow their brands.
Our mission at DISQO is to engage people to share their opinions and behaviors openly to help our customers make the right decisions. With over one million active members sharing their attitudes and behaviors, DISQO is looking to expand, improve and create world-class applications for people to openly share their data for research.
Check out the DISQO Developer Blog for the latest from our DISQOTECH team.
The Ideal Candidate: DISQO’s product and engineering team has been doubling every year and accounts for ~50% of the company’s headcount today and we continue to invest heavily in scaling our technology and our engineering teams that drive DISQO’s growth. We are looking for an engineering leader to help scale our Platform Engineering and SRE teams to be able to support our growth and build a foundation for DISQO’s future products. As an exceptional engineering leader, you are growth-oriented and have a proven track record of building highly effective geo-distributed engineering teams that make the impossible possible. You will need to be a strategic thinker, frame & find solutions to complex engineering and people challenges, measure & drive results, and be able to move fast and maintain focus on the highest impact initiatives while keeping track of trade-offs made along the way.
What you will do:
- Scale our platform engineering and SRE teams and build a world-class culture that engineers relish being a part of. Grow our platform engineering and SRE teams by coaching and mentoring our current leaders and inspiring them with a compelling vision & strategy and by recruiting additional top talent.
- Use a "Product Management" mindset to engage with internal and external stakeholders to align on engineering vision, strategy and priorities and build an internal “Platform as a Service” that accelerates our engineering efforts and drives measurable results. You should be able to present and drive alignment around the vision and strategy to create a clear long-range roadmap.
- Define and own the Platform Engineering and SRE OKRs & roadmap and conduct quarterly roadmap reviews. In addition, you should be able to champion and partner with our engineering leaders to set and maintain effective SLOs across the org.
- Drive multiple high-profile program workstreams supporting our data, platform, Security, SRE, and product engineering teams.
- Work closely with our CTO and our product & engineering leadership to set standards around patterns, frameworks, technologies, and processes to promote a simple and consistent approach across multiple types of services.
- Be the champion of our DevSecOps culture and build a strong cross-collaboration between Platform, SRE, Security, and Software Engineering teams.
- Identify trends and promote solutions across multiple product areas by being an influencer around software architecture best practices, including quality, supportability, scalability, performance, availability, maintainability, extensibility, and security.
- Drive transparency and decision-making through the product and engineering leadership team with blameless postmortems and iterative improvement programs that focus on product scale and quality.
- Role model Servant Leadership, making leadership excellence a continuous priority for your own personal development and that of your teams.
- Embrace, model, and champion all of DISQO’s values - adding to the growth of our culture
- Strong work ethic with the ability to understand and exhibit Agile principles and methodology
What you bring to the table:
- 12+ years of experience in software engineering, building large-scale consumer (web + mobile), SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS products using public clouds (Ideally AWS).
- 7+ years of experience leading geo-distributed enterprise-scale engineering teams. We are looking for individuals with demonstrated repeat business growth or exit successes in high-profile startups, specifically with experience building platforms (decentralized/microservice-based systems, data analytics/processing, infrastructure-based privacy software or multi-party compute platforms).
- 5+ years of leading large cross-cultural geo-distributed platform and/or SRE teams across multiple time zones (30+ headcount, managing managers).
- Strong ability to inspire and lead others.
- Deep understanding and commitment to software engineering principles/processes (e.g., Lean, Agile, DevSecOps, CI/CD, TDD, XP) and continuous improvement through measurement.
- Deep experience with AWS, modern data processing products, and microservices architecture.
- Experience with containerization and k8s, ideally building tooling on top of k8s using Golang.
- Ability to operate effectively in both tactical and strategic capacities - You can comfortably adjust your altitude and roll up your sleeves as needed
- Experience with rapid scaling of engineering teams by hiring and retaining exceptional talent
- Commitment to product excellence and experience promoting the right balance between best practices and feature delivery
- Demonstrated experience in promoting culture and diversity throughout a large engineering organization to achieve transformational changeExcellent communication skills for both horizontal and vertical organizational lines
- Advertising industry experience is highly desirable
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Servant Leader and Agile DNA
Perks & Benefits:
·100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
·Flexible work hours
·Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
·Travel Assistance Program
·24/7 Counseling Services offered to employees
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.
Read Full Job Description