Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Paxful is searching for a Senior Backend Engineer who is great at writing efficient, testable and reusable code to join our Wallet Team (Staking project). This role will solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
As a key member of our team, your responsibilities will entail:
- Write efficient, testable, and reusable code
- Work closely with stakeholders on product features
- Be responsible for a feature end-to-end, from ideation to deployment in the production environment
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Work closely with our developers and product owners in an agile set up
- Help troubleshoot, test and maintain the product
- Perform code reviews and mentor your peers
- Cover your code with test
We expect you have:
- At least 5 years of development experience with a strong focus on PHP and OOP for at least 3 years
- Good knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with frameworks like Symfony, Laravel, Yii
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
- Good understanding of SOLID principles
- Good understanding of feature lifecycle: from ideation to deployment to troubleshooting
- Ability to develop microservices on your own, including provisioning, monitoring, and deployment
- Experience with systems of complex architecture
- Experience working with high-load systems
- Good understanding of security threats and “security by design” principles
- Willingness to work in a fast-growing environment
- Collaborative mindset and good communication skills in English
What we offer:
- Work at a fast-growing company
- A competitive salary, along with bonuses and annual performance-based raises
- Gym and food compensation
- Flexible working hours
- A co-working space in the city center
- The latest tech and equipment (MacBooks, monitors, etc.)
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.