Senior Applications Engineer at Voltaiq (Remote)
Location: Berkeley, CA or USA Remote
“The battery is the technology of our time.” -The Economist
Voltaiq is a Battery Intelligence software company. Our data platform brings unprecedented analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. World-leading brands — including global automakers in Detroit and Germany, household-name tech giants, and decacorn startups — depend on Voltaiq software to accelerate product development, optimize performance, ensure safety and reliability, and unlock financial value in their products. Our high-powered team is composed of battery industry veterans, PhD scientists, a highly skilled product and engineering team, and an advisory board of C-level industry execs, all of whom are passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is headquartered in Berkeley, CA, serving customers around the world.
The Sr. Applications Engineer is first and foremost a battery expert. They are ingrained in the battery industry and use their battery knowledge to work cross-functionally across the entire Voltaiq team. Using their domain expertise, Sr. Applications Engineers interpret and translate the needs of the customer’s battery scientists, using this knowledge to help tailor the Voltaiq Product and ensure a fulfilling, valuable experience for customers. The Sr. Applications Engineer will own technical projects or co-own technical products related to organizational-wide high impact goals for Voltaiq and product commercialization. The Sr. Applications Engineer works strategically with the customer program office and closely with Voltaiq’s business development, sales, product, and engineering teams. The Sr. Applications Engineer is responsible for staying on top of trends across the battery industry, ensuring the Voltaiq product offering matches and exceeds those trends. As such, this individual will be expected to generate conference content, thought-leadership content, and present at conferences and other industry events.
- Work cross functionally across the Voltaiq team to ensure battery knowledge is ingrained in all aspects of the organization.
- Continually utilize knowledge and experience to drive improvements to the Voltaiq Product to increase customer value.
- Work cross functionally to curate useable demonstration materials, as well as prepare any custom demonstrations on customer data.
- Work with the team throughout the sales process to win deals and deliver best practice strategies for implementation on a customer by customer basis.
- Lead and drive commercialization efforts for technical ownership of new products.
- Build strong technical relationships with prospective customer teams to ensure Voltaiq has “first look” when new projects arise.
- Use identified customer needs to contribute to product development including product roadmap, feature planning, documentation and internal knowledge base, and software testing and validation.
- Up to 30% travel to customer sites and tradeshows (subject to global health based restrictions).
- PhD in STEM field with battery specific research or STEM B.S. with 5+ years experience in the field
- Strong interdisciplinary collaboration and communication skills
- Proven ability to lead and drive technical projects to completion
- Superior creative problem solving and general troubleshooting capability.
- Battery testing/engineering industry knowledge.
- Experience with corporate networking teams is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple incoming requests and drive initiatives to their successful completion.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a loosely structured, high-demand startup environment
- Native speaker ability or high business fluency in one of the following languages is a plus: German, French, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese.
Competitive salary plus equity and full benefits.
Voltaiq is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.