Senior Application Engineer at Mozilla
Mozilla IT & Engineering Operations is seeking an outstanding engineer who will be responsible for building Application integrations and automation, including but not limited to Google Workspace (formerly GSuite), Atlassian Suite, and other applications. Someone who enjoys working with different teams and determining the best solution to address their needs and make them more successful. Someone who is passionate about learning and innovation, loves to experiment to find the best way to tackle customers’ problems. You will evaluate the needs of a business and be part of a team responsible for reshaping the systems that meet those needs. A truly unique skill set and job history are required to tackle the Business Systems challenges at Mozilla.
As an Application Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Design well architected integrations and other automation programs that are sustainable and repeatable
- Assess, review and deploy SaaS applications for a progressive problem-solving approach to organizational IT challenges
- Participate in all aspects of the internal projects: planning, implementation, testing, and deployment
- Collaborate with teams and stakeholders to elicit and understand the requirements and develop creative solutions.
- Build relationships with other teams across the organization
- Be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers derived on a set of strong engineering principles
- Document processes and procedures in our internal Knowledge Base
Your Professional Profile
- BS. in Engineering or Computer Science or 2+ years of equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of APIs (SOAP, REST, webhooks)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effectively manage priorities to meet requirements and deadlines in a dynamic and fast paced environment, while working on different projects simultaneously
As our team works with multiple teams, we are looking for candidates that are curious and have experience integrating different things. We are excited to see any additional experience with:
- User Experience (UX) design and/or Product Design
- Product management and systems thinking
- Authentication techniques and security best practices
- Experience in multiple languages, particularly python
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.