Senior Application Developer at Spectrum (Charlotte, NC)
The incumbent will build moderate to complex products and features that directly impact the consumer experience. The role will create innovative solutions by developing and implementing applications.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the consumer experience
- Design, implement, and deliver complex products for users
- Actively and independently acquire knowledge of new development technologies in areas such as mobile, video, second screen, social media and other niches
- Work closely with the development team to respond, clarify or define specific application behavior, look/feel and function
- Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution
- Manage detailed application requirements and collaborate with project /development teams to ensure quality function, features and user experience
- Develop, modify, enhance and implement software systems designed to support new or existing business initiatives
- Influence system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs for software enhancements
- Test software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
- Write code that meets the production requirements and design specifications
- Ensure code is regression free, documented and unit tested
- Participate in design and wireframe review to provide a technical perspective on implementation
- Ensure alignment between the business operational strategies and technical solutions
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO Design
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Ability to deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- 3-5 years of solid hands-on software development experience with a focus on continuous delivery and deployment, enterprise application development, cloud automation, and building a container-hosting platform
- At least 2+ year of Go programming experience
- A proven track record with Docker containers with a deep understanding of the current container ecosystem and marketplace
- Experience building applications using micro-services.
- Experience in hadoop, tsdb, elastic search ( ELK stack ) , kudu / impala, devops ( sysadmin), networking knowledge, AMQP ( rabbit) is helpful.
- Understanding of Software design patterns, SDLC, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of adding monitoring and observability support in micro-services.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Related Work Experience
- 5+ years of Software development experience
- 2-4 years of Version control systems experience (Git and Atlassian suite)
- Strong knowledge/experience in cloud technologies, orchestration and DevOps.
- SQL and NoSQL understanding and experience.
- 2+ years of Messaging systems like MQ, Kafka
- 2+ years of Good Linux and SysAdmin knowledge (nice to have)
- 2+ years of GoLang
Office environment ISW313 317800 317800BR