Mythic has developed a unified hardware and software platform featuring its unique Mythic Analog Compute Engine (Mythic ACE™) to deliver revolutionary power, cost, and performance that shatters digital barriers preventing AI innovation at the edge. The Mythic Analog Matrix Processor (Mythic AMP™) makes it much easier and more affordable to deploy powerful AI solutions, from the data center to the edge device. The company has raised over $165.2 million to date, has over 120 employees, and has offices in Redwood City, CA, and Austin, TX.
About the role:
Mythic’s AI hardware combines knowledge across many domains, including AI, compilers, computer architecture, analog circuits, and non-volatile memories. Mythic will enable the future of AI by building analog-compute hardware platforms that are 100-1000x more efficient than conventional all-digital systems. This vision comes together on the AI Engineering team, where our expertise is used to develop AI algorithms and models which are optimized for our hardware, as well as to provide guidance to Mythic’s hardware and compiler teams who are building our hardware and compiler platforms. If living at the intersection of AI and hardware sounds exciting to you, this role is for you.
This team significantly impacts Mythic by:
• Developing reduced-precision mathematics techniques for neural networks and AI. This includes quantization into 8-bit and below, as well as modeling the impact of analog compute techniques.
• Working with computer architecture team on new compute units specialized for AI.
• Investigating new features for our compiler that leverage the adaptability of neural networks.
• Developing new neural networks that are optimized for our hardware products.
This role is not location specific. However, candidates will be expected to keeping working hours in line with either Pacific or Central Time.
Here's what you will do
- Stay up-to-date on literature for neural network training and inference.
- Develop new algorithms, techniques, and neural networks to optimize AI for Mythic’s hardware.
- Develop and maintain high-quality rapid prototyping environments for AI.
- Develop and maintain high-quality production engineering environment for AI.
- Guide other teams (e.g., Mixed-Signal Circuits, Computer Architecture, Compiler) as to end-application impacts of their design choices.
Here's the background we hope you have
- BS in Computer Science/ML/DL
- 7+ years of experience with artificial intelligence and neural networks.
- Comprehensive understanding of neural network fundamentals.
- Experience with training neural networks with reduced precision or other hardware-based limitations.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or C++.
The following would be nice to have, but is not required
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience working at startups.
- Understanding of the state-of-the-art in the neural network space.
- Understanding of creating new datasets and eliminating biases.
- Experience working with machine learning, applied optimization, and/or statistical learning.
- Experience creating new computer architectures from the ground-up.
- Published code portfolio.
- Publications in the AI and/or AI/hardware co-design space.
- Experience with CUDA or Matlab.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken, for large and small audiences.
For Colorado Only: Minimum salary of $113,000 + equity + benefits. Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-201) of the minimum salary.
At Mythic, we pride ourselves in creating a culture where all employees feel valued and appreciated for the diverse perspectives and backgrounds they bring to the team. We aim to hire smart people, give them the resources they need to do their job well, and then leave the rest up to them. We celebrate individual differences and encourage people to be comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. At the end of the day, we are committed to building a diverse workforce where everyone belongs.
Mythic is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to reviewing your application!