WHO WE ARE:
Sounding Board is the first-of-its-kind coaching enablement platform offering both the technology infrastructure and the coach network to enable and scale coaching practices organization-wide. A growth stage start-up backed by top tier VCs with a vision to democratize access to coaching across all levels of an organization, Sounding Board combines a SaaS, cloud-based management platform with a high quality, managed network of global coaches that can deliver remote, virtual 1:1 and group coaching at scale.
Our customers include large scale enterprises like Intel, Conagra, Mozilla, Dropbox & Cloudera and high growth companies across every industry such as Chime, Plaid, Zoom and UserTesting. When companies partner with us, they see a resulting increase in promotion, retention and development of critical leadership skills in their participating employees. SAP.iO foundry recognized Sounding Board as one among the top 7 HRTech startups in 2019.
WHY SOUNDING BOARD?
- We are a mission-driven company creating the next generation of leaders
- Exciting, early-stage startup led by experienced, entrepreneurial founders from
- Backed by leading investors including Jazz Ventures, Canaan, Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures, Correlation Ventures, Engage VC
- Competitive salary, including company equity
- Health & wellness benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents 100% paid by the company
- Basic life insurance coverage
- Voluntary life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible PTO - take time off when you need it
- Remote working environment
- Passionate, diverse & inclusive team
- Coaching & Wellness benefit – Every employee gets a 1:1 coach & monthly wellness stipend
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for an outgoing, hands-on engineer who thrives on solving problems and pleasing customers. The Sales Automation Engineer will be the primary point of contact between customers and engineering. They will attend meetings between our Sales and Customer Success teams and both our prospective as well as existing customers. This engineer will be the main conduit of information flow between the two organizations for all things technical. Additionally, they will work closely with those customers to craft solutions not natively supported by Sounding Board Applications. This engineer will also build automation and tooling to support a variety of initiatives that support the Sales and Customer Success teams. This is a high profile role that will have a major positive impact on the business.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
You will be the interface between Sales, our Customers, and the Engineering team. You will also work with our Product Management team when new needs arise out of the above engagements that might result in new features or enhancements to existing features.
- Drive customer adoption from the ground up by creatively identifying new applications and use cases of a recently launched product
- Provide pre-sales support in partnership with account executives and account managers to help advance and close sales opportunities
- Create and present custom product demonstrations; manage technical client conversations
- Synthesize complex technology solutions and make clear, concise and compelling product recommendations
- Demonstrate an understanding of our customers’ complex business and technical problems, mapping these to Sounding Board solutions
- Serve as a close partner to our engineering team in an effort to provide optimal post-sale customer and product support
- Operate cross functionally, creatively identifying opportunities to leverage this product to add value throughout the organization
- Serve as the firm’s API Platform expert -- informing and educating colleagues of key use cases, talking points, etc.
- Work with customers and their IT departments on helping them get set up with various infrastructure changes to support integration with the Sounding Board Leader Development Platform
- Build tools and automation that support the Sales Organization
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED?
The ideal candidate is an experienced Sales Engineer who thrives on working with people across a variety of organizations. You are always looking to improve upon existing solutions and seeking out new ones to meet customer needs. If there is a way to automate a manual process, you know how to do that. Intellectual curiosity is one of your traits.
WHAT EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS DO I NEED?
A successful candidate will have strong people skills to go with solid technical acumen. You are self-motivated with demonstrated commitment to building world class products and pleasing customers
- BS in Computer Science or a similar field, or related work experience
- 3+ years experience as a Sales/Solutions Engineer in an Enterprise Software company
- Excellent presentations skills (verbal & written)
- A creative mindset to help customers realize what is possible and the ability to be able to explain complex technical problems in a simple way
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- We utilize MongoDB, so knowledge of that is ideal. But other database experience is also useful
- Working knowledge of Enterprise IT environments will be valuable
- Proven experience remaining flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment
It is the policy of Sounding Board, Inc to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.