RFFE IC Design Engineer at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA)
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > RFFE ASIC Design
As an RFFE IC Design Engineer, you will be responsible for design and development of the next generation of highly integrated RFFE ICs such as RF switches, LNAs, couplers, tuners and controllers which are used in Front End Modules for cellular/wireless applications. You translate ideas and challenging RF specifications into product solutions within an agreed time schedule. Your designs compete with other best-in-class solutions on a global level, and you know what properties are attractive for customers. As an RFFE IC Design Engineer, you will play a significant role in designing RFIC solutions for rapidly expanding markets in 4G and 5G, bringing competitive RFFE Module solutions and delivering commercial samples according agreed milestones with our customers.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
- PhD or Masters degree in Science, Engineering, or related field.
- RF IC design experience with RF LNA, PA, Switches in GaAs and SOI technology both circuit and physical design and layout extraction/EM
- Expertise in Analog/Mixed signal circuit design for Voltage /Current references, Operational Amplifiers, ADC/DAC, Digital interface circuits, control loops etc.
- In-depth understanding of RFIC/RF circuit design in CMOS at process nodes of 180nm and smaller, design tools and simulators (Cadence, ADS and similar tools), layout design, functional verification methodologies and characterizations
- Experience with front-end RF block design used in RF-FEM (front end module)
- Familiar with mobile wireless communication standards and requirements for 3G/4G/5G
- Innovative problem solver, passion to win/contribute, ability to work in, and thrive in, a global and diverse team environment
Physical Requirements• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Minimum Qualifications:• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of RF/Analog integrated circuits in RF front end module design and RF lab equipment test experience and 4+ years of ASIC/RF design, verification, or related work experience.
Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and 4+ years of ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field and 2+ years of ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.