Research Engineer/Scientist - Navigation at TuSimple (Dallas, TX)
Our team, Calibration and Localization, is a significant player in the autonomous driving system. At TuSimple, our team is mainly responsible for sensor calibration and ego localization. You will work with the best talents to develop the state-of-art algorithms for online/offline sensor calibration and ego localization that meet ASIL level functional safety.
Example projects we are working on include:
- Provide relative poses of various sensors in millimeter and <0.1 degree resolution
- Real-time correction of sensor pose due to roughness of the truck while driving
- Develop centimeter-accuracy ego localization even when GPS is out of service
- Benchmark of algorithms to ensure their performance for agile development
- Develop and improve positioning system and multi-sensor fusion technology for real-time location estimation
- Develop and integrate state-of-art positioning technologies into ground vehicle navigation system
- Analyze integrated system and create models to simulate performance
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Geomatics Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or concentration in Position and Navigation
- Experience with global navigation satellite system (GNSS) and inertial measurement unit (IMU)
- Experience with tightly-coupled or loosely-coupled inertial navigation system
- Solid knowledge of Kalman filtering, signal processing
- Strong coding skill in Python or C/C++
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Geomatics Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or concentration in Position and Navigation
- 1+ year related industrial experience
- Knowledge of real-time kinematic (RTK), Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) algorithms, and other state-of-art technologies
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training.
- Company paid gym membership.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.