Research Automation & Engineering Co-op
Grow what's next. Grow your future. Corteva Agriscienceis looking for innovative and highly motivated engineering students to join our Research Automation and Engineering team for our 2023 Q3-Q4 Co-Op work program in Johnston, Iowa. The team has a variety of exciting projects that will allow Co-Ops to gain valuable experience in hands-on engineering applications. If you enjoy robotics, mechanical design, 3D printing, electronics, software and PLC development than this position is for you! The projects will provide Co-Ops with opportunities to develop their skills by integrating classroom theory with practical work and will demonstrate their skills for future career opportunities at Corteva Agriscience.
Responsibilities - What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of experienced engineeringprofessionals in the development of projects.
- Develop an understanding of company research processes and critical technology needs.
- Conduct the appropriate discovery, design, fabrication, integration, deployment and support of engineering solutions.
- Work on projects within various areas of the company including but not limited to automated research systems, product test and development facilities, and high throughput laboratories.
- Work on projects including but not limited to mechanical, agricultural, electrical and software engineering.
- Work on projects ranging in scope from simple hand tools and fixtures up to fully automated systems.
- Work in a business casual environment with flexible work/life opportunities.
Qualifications - What You'll Bring:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 1 years in a mechanical, agricultural, industrial or similar engineering program completed toward a Bachelor's degree.
- Proven experience with 3D CAD software (SolidWorks preferred but not required).
- A desire to develop solutions in a hands-on atmosphere.
- Have the right to work in the U.S. without restriction.
In addition to these requirements, we are seeking candidates who have demonstrated the following core competencies:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in cross-functional teams to deliver concrete project deliverables in a timely manner.
- Experience in developing and implementing novel ideas.
- Outstanding problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Community - We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Johnston, Iowa campus is home to 2,500 employees whose mission is simple - to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, we're taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, deli, fresh salad bar and a variety of healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful, tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond. We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, sports teams and parties, and holiday events. Did we mention you'll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology with colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while you're at work.
Des Moines, Iowa is the fastest-growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest with a nationally ranked high quality of living. It's nicknamed the Silicon Prairie for its place as an up-and-coming hot spot for technology. Living here means Saturdays at the nationally renowned Downtown Farmers' Market, sporting events, a robust downtown night life and access to one of the most artistic medium sized cities. If you enjoy the outdoors, Des Moines offers beautiful nature trails for a casual walking, running or biking adventures.
It means going to a job you love and coming home to a community of friends and family. Communities care about their residents and residents care about their communities, making a difference for everyone who lives here. This is a place where culture flourishes and opportunities grow, where a work-life balance can be achieved, where education is unmatched, and award-winning arts and entertainment are right around the corner.
Check out life at Corteva!https://www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
- Accessibility Page for Contact Information
- For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.