REMOTE: Android Developer (Social Media/Technology Industry) at The Meet Group (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:31 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 4, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
The Meet Group is a fast-growing Media Technology company in the Greater Philadelphia region. Our recently launched video products are enhancing the way people meet across the world to achieve the goal of one of the most important basic needs of human connection. Using innovative products and sophisticated data science, we keep our millions of mobile daily active users engaged, and originate untold numbers of casual chats, friendships, dates, and marriages. Through our vPaaS (video Platform as a Service) we power livestreaming video and the creator economy for 7 of the top 50 apps in the world.
At The Meet Group, we are working to build the best places to meet new people in pursuit of our vision to meet the universal need for human connection. In addition to our portfolio of owned-and-operated social and dating apps, through our Video-Platform-as-a-Service SDK, we power livestreaming and creator economy features across some of the world’s best-known dating brands.
As a Software Android Engineer at The Meet Group, you will be part of a team that creates mobile applications for one of the fastest-growing social networks with over 90 million users internationally. Our Android implementation is fully native and focuses on performance, usability, and code quality.
If you have Android programming experience and are passionate about building great products, we want to talk with you! We are very interested in what you have already created, so please include links to applications you have developed and published. If you have experience with Social Networking, that’s a plus but we won’t hold it against you if you don’t. Take a look at our app in the Play Store – see what we are all about!
Here's a summary of the cool things you'll get to do in this role:
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience developing and shipping apps with the Android platform. Point us to your work in the Play store and show us what makes you proud!
- Extensive understanding of Android framework components and their lifecycles
- Experience writing highly performant Java and Kotlin code
- Experience with RxJava and strong understanding of reactive programming concepts
- Sharp Android UI Skills (Fragments, ConstraintLayout, etc.)
- Experience consuming data from APIs
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take our team to the next level
As part of the team, you'll enjoy:
- The convenience of working REMOTELY!
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most important challenges!
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people!
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match!
- Extensive PTO plan, including generous fully paid parental/maternity leave!
- Flexible working hours!
The Meet Group owns and operates the most engaging dating communities in the world, including MeetMe, Skout, Tagged, and GROWLr. Serving millions of daters daily, each month, our livestreaming solutions entice our community to spend 1 billion minutes in video. Our network size, technology, and leading moderation and talent teams enable us to partner for and acquire new audiences, including through video platform-as-service products. The Meet Group, Inc. is a subsidiary of ParshipMeet Group, a diversified international market leader in online dating, which also owns and operates leading matchmaking brands eharmony, Parship, and ElitePartner. For more information, visit themeetgroup.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
The Meet Group is an equal opportunity employer and a participating employer of Everify. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
More Information on The Meet Group
The Meet Group operates in the Other industry. The company is located in New Hope, PA. The Meet Group was founded in 2005. It has 209 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K), Remote Work Program. To see all jobs at The Meet Group, click here.
Read Full Job Description