Release Train Engineer - RTE at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the program using various tools, such as the Program Kanbans and information radiators
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness via fostering the preparation of Vision and Backlogs, and via Pre- and Post- Planning meetings
- Facilitate PI planning
- Aggregate Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives (the RTE) and publish them for visibility and transparency
- Assist with execution and Feature completion tracking
- Facilitate periodic synchronization meetings, including the ART sync at the Program Level
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature estimation by teams and the roll-up to the Portfolio Level
- Escalate and track impediments
- Encourage the collaboration between teams and other trains
- Work with Product Managers, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Help manage risks and dependencies
- Report status to Program Portfolio Management and Release Management and support related activities
- Understand and operate within the ART Budget
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Facilitate and attend System Demos
- Drive continuous improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the maturity level of the program and help improve
- Encourage Team Level and program level Continuous Integration and Communities of Practice around SAFe, Agile, and Lean and around Engineering and Quality Practices
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets, including Stakeholders (e.g. LOB, Ops, etc.)
Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education and experience
- Strong experience in an agile development role, including Scrum Master, Product Owner, RTE, or another applicable role.
- Certified scrum master/scrum practitioner
- Multiple years' experience working with an agile methodology during a large scale, complex new development project for a large enterprise
- Excellent communication skills in English in written and spoken form
- Excellent team player and team builder
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills. Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, 401K, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.