Quality Engineer at Fluidra North America (Salt Lake City, UT)
Fluidra’s looking for a Quality Engineer to join our team at Cover Pools facility in West Valley City, UT.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
At Fluidra, our mission is to deliver the Perfect Pool and Wellness Experience to our Customers. The Quality Engineer III (QE III) plays a key role on delivering on our mission through execution of a unified Quality Vision set by Corporate Leadership.
The QE III is responsible for the overall Quality of products manufactured at the Cover Pools site and will work to sustain and continuously improve product Quality performance through data analysis, facilitating problem solving efforts, implementation of process controls, promoting risk mitigation, and execution on quality assurance plans. This position requires strong Teamwork skills that would enable the QE to be an effective participant on Cross Functional Teams both internally with SR Smith as well as with Corporate Fluidra and Suppliers. Additionally, you will:
- Assist in the development of the local Quality Strategy at the Site and owing its implementation.
- Implementation and deployment of Corporate Customer Quality Program
- Management and reporting of basic Internal and Supplier Quality KPI’s including First Pass Yield, PPM, and Corrective & Preventative Action dates to closure / recurrence.
- Implementation and deployment of site level Material Review Board Process
- Implementation and deployment of site level Calibration program
- Implementation and deployment of site level Training / Competency Evaluation Program
- Development, evaluation, and improvement of Internal Work Instructions and Procedures
- Management of Corrective Action Request logs documenting Failure Modes, Root Cause Analyses, Corrective Actions, and Audits for Effectiveness.
- Conducting Process Audits both internally as well as at key Suppliers ensuring compliance to established manufacturing and quality standards.
- Evaluation of Inspection and First Article reports.
- Assist in development / evaluation of Quality Plan (PPAP) and Design and Validation Test (DVT) deliverables on New Product Development and Value Improvement Projects.
WHAT WE SEEK
- Must be hands on and technical. This position requires the Engineer to be on a shop floor a majority of the time.
- 1+ years of experience working in a Manufacturing, Quality, or Engineering discipline.
- Intermediate experience as an Auditor in a Production setting
- Intermediate experience with 8D (RCCA), A3 and/or AIAG CQI-20 Problem-Solving models.
- Intermediate experience using AIAG tools and concepts used in NPD and PPAP (Control Plans, DFMEA, PFMEA, MSA, etc)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Read, write and communicate fluently and clearly in English
- ASQ Certified Quality Auditor or Engineer is a plus
- Experience with Roto Molding and/or Medical Device Assembly is a plus
BS degree in Engineering or similar Technical Degree
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk around; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Lifting of equipment under test and associated support equipment will also be required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distinguish colors, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus clearly
- Ability to travel is required (est 10%)
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- 11 paid Holidays
- Full range of health benefits including medical, dental & vision, short & long-term disability
- 401(K) matching (100% of first 3% contributed, 50% of the next 2%)
- Health and wellness programs / gym reimbursement
- Educational assistance up to $7,000 per year
- Company sponsored FUN events!
- Generous product discounts
WHO WE ARE
Fluidra is a publicly listed company focused on developing innovative products, services and IoT solutions for the residential, commercial and wellness pool markets, globally. The company operates in over 45 countries, has over 7,000 employees and owns a portfolio of some of the industry’s most recognized and trusted brands: Polaris®, Jandy®, CMP, S.R. Smith, and Zodiac®. We also sell products under the Cover‐Pools®, iAquaLink®, Grand Effects®, Dell® and Nature2® names. With these combined resources we’re able accelerate innovation in critical areas like energy-efficiency, robotics and the Internet of Things.
Our focus is on creating the perfect pool and wellness experience responsibly. We take our mission to heart, and our employees embody these guiding principles in everything we do: passion for success, honesty & trust, customer collaboration, teamwork and inclusion, learn and adapt, excellence and innovation.
Don't meet every single requirement listed? At Fluidra, we thrive on building an inclusive workspace, so if you are excited about this role and your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may be just the right candidate for this role or another role in the organization. Fluidra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Fluidra recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.