QA Manager - Games at 2K Vegas (Do Not Use) (Las Vegas, NV)
BioShock, Borderlands, Civilization, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM… and the list is growing. Since 2K began 13 years ago, we’ve been creating games that we are proud of, and are excited to play ourselves. It’s because of the support of our fans that we are able to innovate, explore new worlds and new ways to tell stories. If we’re being 100 percent honest, a lot of us were fans before we started working here.
As one of the most recognized and talented technology companies in the world today, we strive to hire team members who are customer centric, motivated and who have experiences that bring new perspectives to the company. We seek the best talent and provide experiences to foster a fun and engaging atmosphere. We are looking for team members that are not afraid to learn as well as work hard, while having fun at the same time. We offer an extensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k and ESPP.
The Manager position is responsible for the delivery of Quality Assurance (QA) and Customer Support (CS) across a portfolio of games or titles. Day to day is managing the lifecycle of a 2K product(s) through pre-production quality assurance and post launch customer experience. You will champion the quality of our games and services, support the productivity and management of your team, and maintain and improve the efficiency of our processes. You will need to build relationships across the organization to ensure the team can respond quickly and proactively to customers’ needs. Your team is the eyes and ears of the customer and needs to get the message heard.
Our goal is to develop leaders and ensure our team is equipped to meet a rapidly changing and growing studio environment. You will oversee a team consisting of QA and CS Specialists, matrix resources and potentially external vendors, while managing their performance and professional development to meet the current and future needs of the business.
This position requires prior experience working across AAA First Person Shooter titles. Candidates with this experience will be considered for this particular opportunity first.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute results on a portfolio of games, with a focus on Quality Assurance and Customer Experience
- Establish and maintain an overarching QA and CS roadmap for a portfolio, with a goal of increasing efficiency and quality through tools, technology, and critical initiatives
- Proactively plan the pipeline of releases ensuring staff allocations can support ambitious development cycles
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and partners to support the quality release of products on time and provide strategic direction to the QA/CS management team
- Manage a multidisciplinary team across a game studio(s) with multiple concurrent projects, setting department level KPI’s for success and achievement, focusing on performance and development
- Mentor team and drive training procedures for all levels of the team
- Develop and nurture relationships to share and obtain knowledge
- Participate in company-wide initiatives pertaining to quality, coach team Leads on the use of quality tools and techniques, while championing QA initiatives throughout 2K
- Advocate for player needs, while supervising all customer experience activities
- Actively participate in recruitment and onboarding process to support studio growth objectives
We are looking for a true leader who has exceptional communication skills and is determined to advocate for quality and customers at every step. We require someone with experience managing projects and product results, always advocating for improvement opportunities, and seeing ideas through to execution. Experience in QA or Customer Support in gaming and specifically AAA FPS.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred, High School diploma or equivalent minimum
- 5+ years in a Project Delivery, Product Management, Quality Assurance Management or Customer Service Management position with experience across QA or Customer Experience
- Prior QA/Delivery experience across AAA First Person Shooter titles
- Strong project/product management skills needed to understand business strategy and technology, ability to influence, collaborate, and bring teams to success
- Validated experience in creating and managing roadmaps and delivery schedules including resource allocation and team management. Able to demonstrate a consistent record of contributing to large-scale shipped products
- Leadership skills to include successfully handling ambiguity, flexibility and understanding the development process, while maintaining good relationships with Producers and Developers
- Be a natural at forming relationships with outstanding interpersonal skills by demonstrating patience, positivity, and support with internal teams and external partners, while adapting to the different needs of each group
- A strong purpose to solve problems, remove obstacles, advocate for players seeking help, and the understanding that customer solutions are not one-size-fits-all
- An eye for detail—accuracy is crucial
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, and the flexibility to support an environment where details can change quickly
- Digital literacy, gaming platforms, advanced MS Office Suite (esp. Outlook, Word, Excel), Google Suite, Zoom, Slack, and Workday
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally, sit for long periods and move between floors
- Successful experience in QA and CX within a gaming company
- Excellent understanding of the Development and QA process, tools, and practices
- Experience with relevant tools such as Zendesk, Google Analytics, Confluence, Jira, and TTP
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.