QA Localization Tester - French Language at 2K (Las Vegas, NV)
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, PGA2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, and WWE2K.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Here at 2K our Localization Team tests video game titles on various consoles, PC’s and handhelds to ensure flawless game play by thoroughly checking the software for errors and entering them into the testing database. Localize and translate games into the French Language. Reports to the Lead and/or QA Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify and report mismatches in strings/text
• Provide the correct translation, and where applicable fix directly via text database
• Provide context for foreign language defects
• Complete daily smoke tests in a timely manner
• Quickly run through the whole game to check the stability of a build
• Identify defects, follow test plans, and verify fixes
• Enter clear and concise bugs into bug tracking database
• Test fixes for programmers and designers
• Reproduce issues for programmers and designers
• Assist the Marketing department by taking screenshots and video capturing
• Available to work OT and weekends when necessary
• Work closely with other QA team members
• Able to work under pressure and changing demands
• Must be dependable and punctual
• Be a positive role model, in terms of both work performance and attitude
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Must be fluent, reading/writing, in French
• Experience as a Localization Tester
• 0-2 years of QA experience
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
• Technically proficient with PCs, gaming consoles and related hardware
• Computer literacy, specifically with Windows, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and databases
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum age of 18 years and above
• Passion for video games
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Reliable with the ability to work in a team environment
• Attention to detail and positive personality
• Testing experience with multiple games on multiple platforms
• Bug tracking software experience
• Test Track Pro experience
• Ability to sit for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.