QA Engineer at Amwell (Remote)
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
- Perform manual software/hardware testing on our custom-built telemedicine devices.
- Develop test strategy and cases to manually test complex, large-scale, distributed systems
- Work closely with Hardware, Software Engineering and Product Management to understand user needs and to develop and adhere to QA processes and guidelines
- Interact directly with customers including running user testing groups to ensure we deeply understand their needs and how they use the solutions and incorporate these findings into our processes and strategies
- Continuously improve our QA processes and approach including frequent reviews of new approaches and techniques
- Establish quality metrics and improve our continuous integration pipeline, testing patterns and techniques
- 2+ years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer with a strong knowledge of test methodologies and software release cycles
- QA expertise with SaaS web solutions, distributed services, mobile applications and/or products
- Proficient in creating and executing test plans based on the understanding of feature goals, software architecture and how our customers use the solutions
- Hands-on experience with Linux
- Able to work independently and drive results in a fast-pace Agile environment
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Able to grasp new concepts and idea quickly and efficiently.
- Experience in healthcare preferred
- Experience testing video platforms
- Previous experience with automating testing tools, such as Selenium Webdriver, Protractor, Jest
- 1+ year’s experience using and writing tools to test frontend and backend systems, experienced creating and maintaining test scripts
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance