Project Support Engineer at Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. (San Diego, CA)
| San Diego, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:30 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, February 18, 2023
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc., is seeking a full-time Project Support Engineer in San Diego, CA. Job Summary: Provide to project teams project engineering services in support of Chief of Naval Operations Availabilities (CNO), Emergent Availabilities (EM), Continuous Maintenance Availabilities (CMAV) and Window of Opportunities (WOO). Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the engineering liaison for the Customer on all engineering matters for contracted maintenance oversight for assigned CNO availabilities.
- Conduct independent engineering studies, investigations, research, and analysis for the solution of unusual or unprecedented engineering problems or in support of short and long-term engineering projects on assigned ships.
- File specific to the assigned ships for the purpose of identifying problematic technical repair/maintenance issues.
- Ensure timely review of applicable contractor work specifications verifying the technical requirements of tasking documents are met, naval standards are invoked and final acceptance testing will validate work performed.
- Ensure contractor prepared PCPs or other formal work packages used to guide contractor mechanics in accomplishment of critical repair processes are reviewed and approved by the Customer. Normally this review is conducted by other SMEs and TMEs and tracked by the ESR system.
- Initiate LARs for situations outside the purview of Planning Yard representatives or other SMEs/TMEs.
- Attend production meetings to assist and advise the Maintenance Team (MT) in all matters concerning the repair and modernization of shipboard systems and equipment.
- Assist the MT to identify acceptable material and/or equipment substitutions when material and/or equipment specified for installation are not available or delivery date cannot meet production schedule dates.
- Attend MMPR to review applicable ship lessons learned.
- Provide engineering and technical services and functional tracking/reporting in support of maintenance and repair periods not associated with CNO availabilities.
- Initiate/track/coordinate responses to adjudicate DFSs and/or ESRs ensuring timely and cost-effective responses.
- Serve as the MT contact for coordinating FTA associated with CASREPs or routine assistance.
- Provide technical support and support coordination during critical reporting periods such as surge deployment preparation or INSURV.
- Attend production and status meetings when ships are of significant fleet interest.
- Identify/report status and resolution of technical issues and/or FTAs in preparation for INSURV ship inspections, functional checkouts, and demonstrations of critical equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years experience with US Navy maintenance, systems, equipment, operations
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
- Ability to read schematics and blue prints and follow detailed instructions and be self-motivated
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written formats with other activities in the military and civilian communities
- Degreed Engineer or BS in Math or Science
- Prior U.S. Navy service
- Requires walking, reaching, sitting and concentration in the presence of occasional noise
- Must have manual and finger dexterity; able to grasp, manipulate, assemble small objects
- Ability to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders or stairways, and up and down antenna masts/yardarms (onboard ships)
- Ability to lift, carry and move objects up to 50 lbs. in weight
- Office, warehouse, laboratory, pier side, shipboard noise conditions range from very quiet to loud noise
- Employee may be required to travel to different RMCs or Naval Ship locations. Travel may include extended underway periods and travel outside of the continental United States.
- Pursuant to the Executive Order 14042 on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates must be able to provide proof they have received the COVID 19 vaccine and are considered fully vaccinated. Requests for an accommodation due to a medical or religious reason can be made by contacting Human Resources.
Read Full Job Description