Principal Technical Architect at Adobe
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We’re passionate about empowering people to craft beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to building exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Adobe Customer Solution Consultants are responsible for the partnership between Adobe and our strategic clients, driving value realization and return on the client’s investment. This team is comprised of technology-savvy individuals who have experience in commerce and know its value in driving company strategies. Work directly with our clients to understand business and technical requirements, and to develop solutions to ensure success!
What you'll Do
A Magento Technical Architect crafts the solution design outlining the architecture for Magento and its integrations as well as other Adobe products. The Architect promotes the technical vision to clients, sponsors and stakeholders. Perceived as a technical leader both within Magento Services but also within the larger technical community internally, and with the technical staff of Magento customers and partners. Interactions are at all levels within the company and partner organizations, but are most impactful at the senior technical and executive level.
- Validates client’s roadmap against Magento current or expected features
- Conceptualizes and experiments with alternative architectural approaches
- Validates the architecture against requirements and assumptions
- Verifies and validates development process, ensuring adherence to quality standards and methodology
- Identifies and resolves technical issues
- Invents, validates and implements new architectural approaches
- Creates new development methodologies that improve outcomes and business results
- Viewed as a technical thought leader
What you need to succeed
- Thorough functional and code level knowledge of all Magento products and all relevant commerce technologies
- 1+ year of experience as a Magento technical architect, 3+ years of continuous Magento 2 development experience, 7+ years of software development experience
- Experience with structured Enterprise Architecture practices, public cloud and on-prem deployments, experience building micro-service oriented architecture is a plus
- Magento Cloud experience and throughout knowledge of Magento Cloud concepts, tools and fine tuning capabilities
- Experience integrating with Adobe Experience Cloud products
- Experience building major 3rd party systems integrations (ERPs, Payment Gateways, 3PL, etc.), in-depth knowledge of Magento APIs, experience building headless Magento solutions (experience integrating with AEM is a plus)
- Experience in identifying and implementing performance optimizations, understanding scalability concepts
- In-depth knowledge of web-application security vulnerabilities and how to avoid them, understanding PCI compliance concepts
- Solid understanding of organizations business strategy
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale, attention to details, and ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- Strong mentoring skills, ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels
- BS Degree in Computer Science is preferred or equivalent practical experience
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.