In this position, you will play a key role in the advanced vehicle design group at Venus Aerospace. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will be the go-to person for the design and specification of structural support for one or more vehicles, starting from a blank sheet of paper. Ideally, you will have experience working on structural design for multiple fixed-wing, high-performance vehicles that apply to the unique challenges of hypersonic commercial transport.
- Lead the structural design for the major hypersonic vehicle components (e.g., wings, engines, tanks, fuselage) for multiple vehicles.
- Work with aerodynamic and propulsion colleagues to develop load environment estimates to guide structural design requirements
- Provide detailed product definition to other engineering groups, production, and suppliers
- Utilize analysis models to estimate stress distribution on structural systems and ensure safety factors are met
- Develop test requirements for tests to validate systems and components capabilities
- Keep up to date with emerging trends and technologies in structural systems and materials and develop concepts for future product designs
- Contribute to the development of system requirements that impact to structures sub-systems
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering
- 5+ years designing structural support systems
- Experience using 3D CAD software to design and model large assemblies
- Experience using FEM or related simulation software to analyze stress and strain
- U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder)
- Experience in the design and development of fixed-wing aircraft, especially high-speed aircraft
- Experience working through multiple design cycles, preferably different vehicle concepts
- Advanced degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering
Benefits of working with Venus:
- Being on ground floor with a start-up company
- The excitement of being involved in a hypersonic spaceplane
- Home for Dinner
- 9/80 flexible schedule
- 401(k), medical, dental and vision benefits
- Development and learning opportunities
About Venus Aerospace
By enabling one hour global travel, Venus Aerospace is transforming the world and our access to it. We’re building a zero-carbon emission spaceplane that will enable one-hour global travel. We are a diverse, veteran team with extreme experience in successful new space, commercial, R&D, and government/military programs.
We are looking for incredible, motivated, enthusiastic people that want to build a world-changing culture and organization. You will be helping Venus grow and develop, so flexibility and a sense of adventure is quintessential. We are looking for all-around AWESOME people to help us grow.
We’ve done the professional grind, and we’ve got a better approach. We take “Home for Dinner” seriously – we want you to work for us and be “home for dinner”. Family is important and we don’t want you to miss out on what matters most. If that appeals to you, we’d love to connect!
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. You can learn more about ITAR here.
Venus Aerospace Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Venus Aerospace is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
More Information on Venus Aerospace
Venus Aerospace operates in the Aerospace industry. The company is located in Houston, TX. Venus Aerospace was founded in 2020. It has 44 total employees. To see all 20 open jobs at Venus Aerospace, click here.
Read Full Job Description