Principal Software Engineer at DO NOT USE - PatientPop (Remote)
We are looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to partner with product development and cross-functional teams to solve real-world problems for healthcare providers around the country. Using your technical expertise, you will architect, build, test, and improve both the features and technology that will enable our customers to effectively run their business and scale our own engineering teams’ efficiency. If you like solving tough problems, being part of a fun team, and are tenacious, we would like to hear from you.
Your Area of Focus
- Lead, architect, write, and test code.
- Architect and develop new systems and maintain and modify existing systems.
- Define, drive, and align system, service, and API architectures with principal engineers, engineering teams, and other technology groups.
- Review technical architecture and implementations and recommend improvements to ensure alignment to best practices and risk identification/mitigation.
- Work with multiple product development teams on project analysis, technical design, and implementations.
- Partner across multiple product development, operations, and cross-functional teams to drive successful outcomes.
- Drive technical solutions that align with our OKRs.
- Analyze project requirements and accordingly provide technical and functional recommendations.
- Identify opportunities, provide recommendations, and propose plans to improve processes and architecture.
- Recommend solutions to meet customer needs and improve system performance and reliability.
- Provide support in system acceptance and validation activities.
- Perform system failure analysis. Provide and implement corrective actions and solutions.
- Partnering with engineering managers to review and drive technical best practices, quality, and execution.
- Stand-in for the engineering manager for key meetings and agile team functions if required.
- Mentor and provide tangible and actionable feedback to engineers.
Your Professional Qualifications
- 12+ years of software engineering experience.
- 8+ years of technical leadership experience.
- Developed, architected, and supported large-scale SaaS applications.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Has played a key role in defining, driving, and aligning key system, service, and API architectures.
- Performed deep technical assessments of existing and potential new technologies.
- Tenacity and creativity to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems of the highest scope, complexity, and ambiguity.
- Practical experience leveraging monitoring tools (APM, log aggregation, system analytics) to perform system analysis and troubleshooting.
- Strong understanding of system, service, and infrastructure used to support microservice applications.
- Desire to blaze the trail on less-glorious engineering tasks that are important to the business.
- Ability to refine and translate functional/non-functional requirements to technical architecture and implementations.
- Customer-focused and ability to drive technical solutions towards meeting customer needs.
- Constructively dissatisfied with the status quo.
- Leader in establishing and driving technical best practices and standards.
- Deep understanding of software quality practices.
- Strong technical mentor and sounding board for teams
- Proven experience working with multiple engineering and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Driven build vs buy software decisions.
- Worked in an CI/CD agile development environment.
PatientPop and Kareo are merging to form Tebra! Together, we will join forces to create an all-in-one practice success platform that aims to redefine how independent practices offer care.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.