Principal Software Engineer at GoDaddy (Remote)
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
Our Domain Registrars and Investors team is looking for a principal software engineer to join us in building and improving the domain name experience at GoDaddy. As a principal software development engineer, you will work in a small scrum team responsible for services ranging from domain name search and registration and management to high-scale DNS to GoDaddy's aftermarket services. We value strong software engineers with experience in micro services, distributed systems, and a dedicated customer focus. Our software engineers own their product and platform end-to-end, especially their design and code quality. They are responsible for thinking beyond unit tests to integration and functional tests as well as automation efforts. This is a fullstack role, but we are flexible about the technologies with which you have the most experience. Come shine within a small, high-impact team of dedicated engineers as we build and iterate upon the world's largest domain name registrar services and largest secondary marketplace.
Who we are looking for...
- A highly motivated, success-driven engineer
- Someone with a creative, art-of-the-possible mindset
- Someone who cares about maintainability of the code and optimizing for performance and scalability
- Building the full development stack from the UI/API through the persistence layer
- Writing highly scalable, highly available, cloud-ready applications
- Using data and analytics to improve the product and customer experience
- Solving end-to-end problems across the service stack
- Accountable for code quality, including writing unit and integration tests
- Working collaboratively with a distributed team
- Performing code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices
- Leading technical projects through architecture, design, and implementation phases
Your experience should include...
- BS/MS or equivalent experience in a computer science, engineering or related discipline
- 10 years of industry experience in a software engineering role and building large scale distributed applications
- Strong experience in a programming language, Java, C, or Golang, etc
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, software designs, micro services, and cloud computing
- Experience building CI/CD and server/deployment automation solutions
- Extensive experience building software using Agile concepts and processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, where you work interactively in a small team
You might also have...
- Experience with Amazon AWS and building inside the AWS platform
- Experience building search services
- Experience with large scale ad services
- Experience working with containerized solutions
- Experience using relational databases and SQL
- Strong understanding of software security best practices
- Passion to develop elegant and cutting-edge solutions for real-world business problems
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.