Principal Site Reliability Engineer at Innovaccer (Remote)
We at Innovaccer are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer-III for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation/management and continuous improvement. The role will encompass the use of a broad range of AWS technologies, operating systems (Windows, Linux) and application environments (Oracle DB, SQL Server, IIS, Glassfish), with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud security principles.A Day in the Life
- Responsible for the Infrastructure maintenance, availability, performance & cost reduction.
- Dive deep to resolve problems at their root and troubleshoot services related to big data stack in our AWS/Linux infrastructure.
- Develop software tools to give insights into costs & utilization patterns.
- Enhance and maintain our monitoring infrastructure.
- Develop automation tools for managing our cloud infrastructure.
- Proficiency in developing contingency plans like reliable backups and restore procedures
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Partake in an on-call rotation alongside the engineers who build our production backends
- Work in a fast-paced environment with the agility to change directions as per business needs.
- You should have 7+ years of experience with a start-up mentality in managing & troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Excellent Linux and troubleshooting skills
- You have a passion for solving problems using open source software
- You are an expert in Python/Bash and you are proficient in Linux.
- Familiarity with big data stack, HDFS, HBase, YARN clusters, Elasticsearch
- Strong experience working in AWS environment and other server virtualization technologies
- Experience working with monitoring stack like sensu
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Knowledge on SQL, AWS Redshift & AWS EMR
- Familiarity with Infrastructure provisioning tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, CloudFormation & Terraform.
- Industry-focused Certifications: We want you to be a subject matter expert in what you do. So, whether it’s our product or our domain, you will dive straight in and be certified by the best in the world.
- Quarterly Rewards and Recognition Programs: We foster learning and encourage people to take moonshots. When you achieve your goals, we recognize and reward your hard work.
- Health Benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones.
- Sabbatical Policy: We encourage people to take time off and rejuvenate, upskill and pursue their interests so that they can generate new ideas for innovating at Innovaccer.
- Pet-friendly office and open floor plan. No mundane cubicles.