We have been busy at Prove in the last couple of years, migrating our infrastructure to the cloud as we scale very fast as a team and as a company. Currently, we have different products in different stages. Some are being migrated right now, some are new products being built cloud native, some have been recently migrated and are undergoing modernisation. We have also been scaling the team, in the last year the SRE/production operations organisation has grown from 5 to 15+ people across different teams. We build, run and support infrastructure for both existing products and new products being built by the Software Development teams.
With all that recent change, we are now focusing on standardising and optimising practices and processes, changing the culture and introducing Site Reliability Engineering concepts into incident response, being on-call, collaboration with Development teams, focus on observability, improving tooling etc
We collaborate closely with a 24/7 NOC team that proactively monitors our services and manages customer communications and status reports. We work to provide them with quality monitoring and documentation so that we can together keep our services healthy and our customers happy.
At scale our SRE team is also responsible for Platform Engineering, designing solutions and building reusable cloud infrastructure IaaC modules.
The SRE team is partly in the US, we are growing our team in Ireland and we collaborate closely with the US folks as one team.We are now looking for a SRE Manager to consolidate and grow the SRE culture at Prove.
The Staff Site Reliability Engineer will develop and support a cloud platform in Prove’s cloud efforts across three different environments powering the next generation of mobile identity certainty. Leveraging your knowledge and passion for excellence you will help lead a team to deliver well-designed cloud infrastructure that is fault-tolerant, scalable, and reusable platform.
What You Are Accountable For
The Staff Site Reliability Engineer is expected to:
- Lead projects to find innovative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate with senior leaders on strategic planning (e.g. resourcing, roadmap creation and execution).
- Maintain, enforce, and provide input on processes to ensure infrastructure is maintained to be fault-tolerant, scalable, and reusable.
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams, both technical and non-technical.
- Promote and cultivate ownership of design, execution, and deployment of product features.
- Ability to react quickly to changing customer and business needs.
- Promote, maintain and enhance our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion and leadership.
- Exhibit a strong passion for learning our products and markets through in-house and external training.
- Strong technical background to guide Prove to take its existing cloud platform and reuse it in other critical areas of the business.
What We Require
- 3 to 7 years of cloud engineering experience in AWS
- Demonstrated experience in migrating on premise installations to one running in the cloud.
- Demonstrated experience in similar role scaling company from $50M to $200M in revenue
- Experience working in rapidly growing teams (5 cloud engineers to 10+)
- Strong experience in working with developers in a SCRUM
- Experience with in-person, remote, and offshore teams
- College or University Degree
- Flexibility working hours required as this role will require you to work with the Ireland team. Eastern Time zone preferred.
Prove is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.