We are looking for a software engineering leader who is passionate about creating next-generation healthcare software that will dramatically improve the lives of patients, clinicians, and caregivers. This person will have the opportunity to lead a team through early stages of product development, while contributing some code of their own and continuing to grow their own skill set.
The ideal candidate has experience building SaaS and/or Cloud Native software for a regulated industry. Additionally, the Principal Front End Engineer will bring deep expertise in one or more technologies, including React, TypeScript, gRPC, Twirp, and/or AWS. Sharing knowledge and mentoring members of a growing team will be key.
The Principal Front End Engineer should enjoy leading in an Agile collaborative environment with product managers, designers, external partners, and other engineers working together to build a high quality, consumer-oriented product from the ground up.
Make an impact—join our team!
We’re a fast-growing, mission-driven company building a culture that enables teams and individuals to thrive. Led by an experienced and proven team, we live by our values and are always on the hunt for motivated people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help us improve the care journey for patients, clinicians, and caregivers by creating software that provides seamless, intuitive, and user-friendly experiences.
If you like working with innovative technologies and want to be part of a growing team that will help transform the healthcare experience, we encourage you to apply today!
Tendo has hubs in San Francisco, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; and Philadelphia, PA. This position is currently remote so candidates may be located in any one of our three hub locations.
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for architecting, building, documenting, testing, and debugging a large consumer-facing application with significant daily usage.
- Serve as technical owner and subject matter expert for one or more product areas.
- Collaborate closely with product owners and designers to understand user needs and lead the translation of wireframes and other requirements into technical requirements and detailed architecture.
- Help lead Agile processes including sprint planning, daily standups, demos, and retrospectives.
- Maintain relationships with other teams to help ensure consistency in some key areas like architecture.
- Use React + TypeScript and related front end frameworks/libraries to produce web applications and PWAs deployed to Google Play.
- Translate design system specifications into reusable/extensible components shared across teams.
- Use gRPC/Twirp to hook front ends to back end APIs that are specified by Protobuf files.
- Write automated tests for all code and use Behavior Driven Development practices.
- Perform code review and enhance team’s code review practices as needed.
- Provide expertise in Web technologies and frameworks, including React and TypeScript.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and subject matter expertise to other team members.
- Lead creation of technical documentation describing architecture decisions.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies and frameworks that may need to be added to our stack.
- Support and implement the latest standards in securing data to meet HIPAA requirements.
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar major OR equivalent professional experience or software development certification (including bootcamp).
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- 2+ years in a team lead role, using Agile practices/processes.
- 2+ years of professional experience with React + TypeScript.
- Strong ability to communicate development approaches and plans within and across teams.
- Professional experience with modern version control systems (e.g., Git) and tools (e.g., Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab).
Nice to Have
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and HL7 standards like FHIR.
- Experience with Protobuf, gRPC, GraphQL, and/or Twirp.
- AWS certification(s).
- Experience writing infrastructure as code using Serverless Framework.
- Experience with custom build configurations using Webpack or similar tools.
Tendo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
More Information on Tendo
Tendo operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Philadelphia, PA, Salt Lake City, UT and San Francisco, CA. Tendo was founded in 2020. It has 98 total employees. To see all 26 open jobs at Tendo, click here.
Read Full Job Description