Principal Engineer at Acquia
Principal Software Engineer (895)
Location: Pune, India
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
About the team...
The Developer Experience Engineering team is growing and we are looking for passionate engineers who want to build the next generation of tools for Acquia’s biggest customers. This highly functioning and fast-paced team is responsible for building and administering our DevOps platform as a service.
Acquia is seeking an exceptional Principal Software Engineer, who has the ability to grow into an industry leader. You have production experience with container orchestration tools, preferably Kubernetes. You are able to take technical and business requirements and deliver platform as code with minor direction. You are innovative, bringing your own ideas and suggestions to the project. You know what it means to be collaborative, and play well with others. You will work with your fellow engineers, Product, and Customer Success teams to identify inefficiencies in our current services and processes, then propose and implement changes to improve the Developer experience using our platform.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will
- Implement, update, and maintain the platform as code for our DevOps service, using tools such as Helm and Terraform.
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture team to select, size, and configure AWS services to maximize scalability and cost efficiency.
- Work with our Kubernetes administration team to create deployments to integrate smoothly with our evolving orchestration deployment strategies.
- Create platform tests using scripting languages such as Go and Python.
- Coordinate with product development teams in defining project scope and approaches
- Coordinate with software development teams in developing and implementing software applications.
- Analyze software issues and recommend workaround solutions
- Develop best practices to ensure software functionality, usability, reliability and availability
- Assist in development of white papers, training documents and software architectural documents
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Are a self starter who understands the complexity of building software that scales
- Someone who enjoys working cross functionally to deliver value to our customers
- Someone who enjoys a never ending supply of challenges
What you’ll need to be successful…
- 10+ years working with large-scale distributed systems.
- 3+ years working with production container orchestration systems, preferably Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with principles of domain-driven design, refactoring, and writing clean, maintainable code.
- Strong understanding of AWS
- Strong understanding of Gitops
- Knowledge of software testing best practices (unit, database, integration)
- Experience building and operating service oriented architectures
- Works in collaborative and supportive manner
- Languages: GO, Python
- Technologies: Kubernetes, GitLab, Argo, Yaml, Helm, API. SNS / SQS
Extra credit if you have…
- Experience with Drupal
- Open Source communities
- Devops culture
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.