What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 0 to 15M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
The work of the data infrastructure team is to build a robust, durable, and highly available platform that will serve data to all stakeholders in near real time. The team leverages the latest technologies to provide the required performance and reliability. At fetch our motto is to make data processing appear seamless and effortless for both producers and consumers of data. With a goal of having world class data availability with terabytes of daily data, the data infrastructure is critical to Fetch's success.
- Experience building production applications in modern languages (Python, go, java, c#, c++, etc.)
- Cloud engineering and DevOps skills (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- 4 pillars
- Cloud provider
- Containerization technology
- Container administration
- Apache Mesos
- Docker Swarm
- Infrastructure as Code
- Cloud formation
- Familiarity with Unix systems, shell scripting, and Git
- Experience with real time data message brokers (kafka, SQS)
- Skills to deploy and use monitoring tools to tune and optimize high throughput systems.
- Interest in building and experimenting with different tools and tech, and sharing your learnings with the broader organization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- At least 3 years of relevant full-time work experience
Bonus points for:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with open source software and dependency management
- ETL process, data pipeline, and/or microservice development experience
- Experience with Kubernetes deployment tools (helm, kustomize, ArgoCD)
- Big data development skills (e.g., Flink, KSQL, Hudi)
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g., Grafana)
At Fetch Rewards, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- Stock Options
- 401K Match - Up to 3%
- PPO and HDHP plans | Dental | Vision | Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Education Reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 Paid Holidays + End of Year Break
- Flexible 12 weeks of Parental Leave
- Full time wellness coach to help meet your exercise & wellness needs
- WFH Setup. Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done
- Regularly scheduled virtual events, happy hours, cooking classes, etc.
- Hybrid environment / On-site in the office 1-2 days per week