Network Engineer at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocityis a software development company in a category of its own. We are a publicly traded company that offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions -enabling our customers to better develop their employees and supervisors.
Our talent anywhere philosophy nurtures a diverse and dynamic group of colleagues with a shared mission to make great products and have fun doing it.
The Network Engineer is responsible for administration and availability of our network infrastructure systems. In this role you will be responsible to monitor network connectivity and ensure reliable and consistent data transmission while providing technical support to various departments and users with regards to LAN/WAN and cloud-based networks. In addition, you will also maintain network availability, resolve daily incidents, and lead projects through to completion.
As a member of Paylocity's Tech Delivery and Enablement (TDE) team, this person would be looked upon as a resource for all areas of technology. Our TDE department enjoys finding the right tool for the job, so we use a combination of commercial, open source, and custom-built solutions. Our team's unique structure allows each member the freedom to perform tasks in their own way. Because we manage a wide variety of systems, one will rarely be locked into working on a single task. Additionally, each TDE member is encouraged to grow in experience and technical knowledge by pursuing certifications and experimenting with new technology.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Reports To: TDE Manager
How we work:
- Small, self-sufficient teams with an entrepreneurial spirit
- We don't add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale
- Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles
- Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers in the best position to succeed
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- A subscription to an Online Training Forum for all technology colleagues
- Performed maintenance, and upgrade of networks, including routers, switches, firewalls, and network management systems
- Designed and implemented projects within multiple infrastructure domains including switches, load balancers, and firewalls with a focus on traffic optimization
- Lead projects to completion with minimal supervision
- Participated in high level architecture design sessions with vendors
- Utilized lab or virtual environments to prove out potential solutions through mature proof of concept
- Presented networking technical changes to a Change Advisory board
- Partnered with stakeholders to collaborate on tools, solutions and drive efficiencies
- Ensured continuous health of network through monitoring/alerting tools
- Created and updated scripts to automate manual processes
- Participated in on-call rotation and perform off-hours work as needed
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in a networking and infrastructure role
- Current Cisco professional certifications CCNP/CCIE (routing and switching, data center, security)
- Expert with networking and virtualization technologies, certification or equivalent skillset
- Expert working on enterprise level networking across multiple data centers
- Proficient with next generation firewalls and security best practices
- Proficient with one or more scripting languages such as PowerShell or Python
- Proficient understanding of monitoring and security best practices
- Strong knowledge of HTTPS and load-balancing
- Working knowledge and experience in disaster recovery and best practices
- Experience with public cloud offerings and working in hybrid cloud architectures
- Ability to multitask, while still meeting ticket and project deadlines
- Lead projects working across multiple disciplines in order to produce results
- Experience orchestrating large deployments of network devices through scripting technologies
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- 5 -10% travel required annually
- A strong love of learning and a willingness to take on new challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Curious and interested in staying current by leveraging new technologies to our advantage
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently and complete tasks with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Driven to seek out complete technical comprehension for complex problems
This role cannot be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $110,000.00 - $125,000.00. However, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible Restricted Stock Unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location.
Our journey forward. Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture. We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives