Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Security Engineering Manager will lead a team security engineers and architects to maintain and implement next generation security tools, while also providing guidance back key stakeholders around security architectural practices. Reporting to the Director of Information Security, this position will also work closely with a variety of internal stakeholders to execute Paylocity's corporate-wide security initiatives. The manager in this key role will also ensure that Paylocity's security operations processes are functioning effectively and will oversee operations metrics.
Reports To: Director of Information Security
The below represents some of the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Manage a team responsible for maintaining and/or implementing the foundational security tools needed to run a next generation information security organization (SIEM, Endpoint Detection and Response, Privileged Account Vaults, Vulnerability Management, Threat intelligence, etc.)
- Provide consultative advice and risk assessment for IT projects that span both on-premise and cloud architectures
- Collaborate with other areas of information security to ensure that security requirements are met
- Provide executive leadership team with timely updates to ensure awareness of security risks
- Solve complex business problems and offer recommendations to drive change and deliver results
- Apply business intelligence to analyze data from logs and monitoring to produce meaningful alerts and reports for potential security incidents
- Analyze data collected to determine if there are any security anomalies that require further action and classify and document the incident appropriately, including escalations if significant security incident.
- Work collaboratively with IT and Software Development to continually improve security posture
- Provide input on emerging threats to update our corporate risk analysis
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Information Security
- Minimum 2-3 years managing a security engineering function
- Bachelor's degree with a preference for computer science, information security, management information systems, or related major
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Possess business acumen and technical expertise to create a big-picture vision and has the drive and attention to detail that transforms strategy into action
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $115,000 - $165,000 /yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.