What will your day look like?
You will manage and oversee the DevOps team and related projects.
Designs, builds an maintains a stable and efficient infrastructure to optimize service delivery across projection, QA, and development environments throughout the development lifecyle. This position leads and guides individuals that would monitor, troubleshoot, maintain, and continuously improve building, packaging and deployment processes in a hybrid Cloud environment. This individual must have a proven track record of successfully building, leading, and managing a multi-disciplinary team of Agilists with a strong sense of quality ownership. This is a hands-on job that requires strategic thinking and planning in order to provide leadership and expertise throughout the entire product development life cycle, ensuring the success of the team's manual and automated testing, release and deployment efforts. The Manager, DevOps will provide regular direction, mentorship, and coaching to team members and third party resources.
This position requires the candidate to have an established background in .Net web software development solutions, agile software development methodology, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. Direction is received from the Director, Technology Architecture.
Do you see yourself doing this?
Release, Deployment and Support Responsibilities (60%):
- Develop templates, tools, metrics and best practices to verify that products meet business and user requirements
- Facilitate project problem solving and troubleshooting of deployment issues
- Lead/execute the full annual release cycle
- Provide documentation to management and project teams to determine release readiness of products or product features
- Develop release milestones and stakeholder communication plan for product deliveries to production
- Utilize tools and processes to speed delivery of code through CI/CD best practices.
- Identify staffing resource requirements and skill sets required to meet project DevOps goals, and work with Staff Augmentation Services when extended resources are required (including all contract management functions)
- Collect and analyze actual costs, time and scope to ensure delivery against the operating plan
- Partner with other technology manager(s) to enhance the software release process and other DevOps initiatives.
Strategy, Planning and Support Responsibilities (40%):
- Develop the long-term strategy for DevOps automation and release best practices, and team talent development
- Develop and maintain project schedules, and manage resources including coordinating time tracking for team members, adjusting assignments as necessary to accommodate issues, scope or timeline changes, revised work estimates and/or resource availability constraints
- Facilitate development/maintenance of deployment and release standards/metrics to determine improvement areas and strategies in the overall product development life cycle
- Define, execute, and report results of audits, identifying process gaps/test and release issues and risks
- Optimize and implement creative sourcing engagement processes, ensuring all capital and maintenance projects are delivered on schedule and to Alliant’s quality standards
- Evaluate and/or implement tools needed for CI/CD automation
- Provide thought leadership in Alliant Engineering practices, providing feedback at all phases of the product development life cycle
- Conduct feasibility and requirements meetings with project owners in support of the DevOps engineering process
- Act as liaison between Business users and the Project Development Team
- Mentor Business users on proper procedures for Information Systems related projects, including requirements definition and testing
Performance Management Responsibilities (all times):
- Apply great management practices in leading an engaged workforce to effectively deliver the value of this function
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that team member development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis
- Develop and manage employee engagement strategy while facilitating on-going, meaningful recognition of team and individual successes
- Provide leadership and direction to team members to ensure personal growth and goal achievement
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants to this position must either have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered (proof of vaccination is required), or be willing to submit a negative COVID-19 test result in advance of each visit to an Alliant facility.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related, and you have:
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in Release Management, or DevOps
- 5+ years leading DevOps and release efforts for organization that delivers medium to large, complex IT development projects for transaction-based and data information products is a must
- 3+ years working in a SCRUM/agile software development environment
- Experience developing an overall software release program, including software build and deployment
- Experience using Azure DevOps or equivalent software for deployment and release management is a must
- Experience in delivering software in a hybrid cloud environment is preferred
- Test environment management and release management skills in conjunction with Engineering and Program Management teams are a must
- Strong knowledge of deployment/configuration management tools like Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Maven, Puppet or Ansible
- Utilize version control tools like GIT, or Bitbucket
- Experience in DevSecOps principles
- Strong knowledge in scripting languages such as Terraform, or Powershell
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code deployment patterns within Cloud providers (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Self-motivated and able to deliver to strict schedules while managing change in a dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate and present at all levels of an organization
- Experience managing local and remote workforce is desired
- Experience working in a Financial Institution preferred
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off