We are a human-centered digital health company that seeks to radically improve brain health outcomes by leveraging cutting-edge technology and machine learning to unlock precision brain health for as many people as possible. While we are steadfastly focused on individuals’ brain health, we believe that meaningful outcomes can only be achieved within an ecosystem of care that actively includes and engages physicians, professionals and caregivers. We are a team of 75+(and rapidly growing!) and are embarking on an exciting period of accelerated growth. We invite collaborative, self-driven and impact-oriented professionals to join our dynamic and fast-growing team.
Does this sound like an innovative & disruptive start-up where you could see yourself? Do the following values resonate with you?
Be A Team
Be Masters of Our Craft
Think Big and Act Bold
If so, please continue reading...
Although the team is remote at the moment, we are focused on building out our hubs across Toronto, Boston & San Diego. However, remote applicants(must be currently US or Canada based) will be considered. Unfortunately, are not able to provide sponsorship for any of our openings at the moment.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, document, and implement an architecture supporting mobile and web applications
- Work with project and product management to translate requirements into actionable Jira issues and effectively delegate them across the team
- Estimate work, prioritize tasks, track dependencies, report progress, highlight blockers
- Provide oversight through architecture design reviews as well as code reviews
- Establish best practices based on design patterns and mentor others
- Solve for security, scalability, availability, and performance
- Establish testing policies and procedures (unit, integration, and e2e)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Expertise in node.js and experience in full stack development
- Familiarity with design patterns such as MVC, OOP, etc
- Expertise in API design, documentation, and testing including familiarity with tools like swagger and postmon
- Experience with testing frameworks (e.g. mocha, cypress)
- Experience with graphql and integrating with different databases using patterns like ORM and DAO as well as knowledge of when to use which databases (e.g. relational, document, key/value)
- Experience with code instrumentation and logging technologies like elk, cloudwatch, cloudtrail, segment, etc
- Experience with ci/cd and integration with testing as well as git workflows like code reviews on merge requests
- Experience building apps on AWS and familiarity with technologies like IAM, API gateway, elastic load balancing, cognito, cloud front, cloud watch, SQS, step functions, etc.
- Knowledge of serverless and container technologies such as kubernetes and terraform as well as AWS specific solutions like lambda, eks, and fargate
- Familiarity with security considerations and testing for web apps such as parameter checking
Nice To Haves:
- Experience in healthcare industry or a regulated industry (HIPAA compliance, FDA, etc)
- React experience
What We Offer:
- As a health and wellness company, an opportunity to have a lasting impact on the way people and communities engage with brain and mental health, and even to affect the prognosis of people’s mental and brain health trajectory(pretty powerful stuff if you ask me!)
- A mission-driven environment where all 75 (and counting) employees strive to exemplify our core values every day
- Competitive compensation packages that include an annual discretionary target bonus incentive as well as valuable equity
- Unlimited PTO — We know this can work both ways, however our leadership team does an excellent job at encouraging people to take PTO
- A sincere and deep appreciation for the importance of mental health. We have recently implemented a “monthly flex day” where employees are encouraged to take time away from work to rest, recharge & reset.
- A peer-to-peer recognition program: Celebrating our employees hard work and success is in our DNA!
- Employee Referral Incentive program
- A robust healthcare package that includes medical, dental & vision benefits as well as a 401(K) program where Linus will match up to 6% of employee contributions.
Linus Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability or any characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company and understand the importance of fostering an environment where everyone has a voice. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the recruiting process. If you are in need of assistance due to a disability, please contact us.