Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This position is in the Tupperware/Openshift Container Platform team. We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and proactive Lead DevOps Engineer to join us for the next stage of our journey into Extreme Automation. Your insight and expertise will enable our software delivery teams to drastically reduce software cycle time while increasing quality through automation. Responsible for utilizing your technical expertise and experience in driving design and automation of processes to support the Continuous Delivery of application and services.
Responsible for the delivery of automated software delivery practices focusing on full automation between the development and production environments. Collaborates with Development, Testing, Architecture and Infrastructure groups to ensure consistency across the enterprise.
- Partners with Scrum Teams to implement CI/CD pipelines.
- Works with infrastructure teams to implement fully automated environments.
- Implements standard automation patterns based on industry best practices.
- Provides day to day DevOps support to the Scrum and infrastructure teams.
- Maintains and monitors CI/CD pipelines.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Software Engineering, DevOps or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Ability to visualize and document architecture/design topology
- Understanding of tools such as Github/Chef/Ansible/Terraform/Vault/Shell
- Understanding of CI/CD, infrastructure engineering concepts
- General understanding/expertise with Security
- Past experience of Cassandra, Gemfire will be a plus
- Knowledge of emerging trends, ability to recommend solutions and define future state architecture
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines utilizing Jenkins/Harness.
- Experience with cloud providers like AWS preferred
- Experience supporting or developing software leveraging OpenShift, Kubernetes, and Docker, Kubernetes Operators.
- High proficiency in bash or python scripting
- Experience and knowledge in Test Driven Development
- Experience with programming languages like Go lang and consuming web services as RESTful APIs
- Experience working with one or more tools like Sysdig, Elastic search, Filebeat, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, AppDynamics is a plus.
- Customer centric with a strong drive to make the developer experience as seamless and efficient as possible
- Ability to provide support 24/7 and participate in operational support aspects in a rotational manner.
#LI-MF1 #Remote #Bi-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.