Java Software Engineer II at FIS
#LI-ME1 Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
In today’s highly competitive retirement market, firms must not only deliver superior customer value, but cater to challenging customer requirements and solve complex problems efficiently.
Throughout the industry there is mounting pressure on organizations to do more, requiring a clear technology strategy that not only addresses the demands of today, but also enables the growth and performance of tomorrow.
What you will be doing
This position is with Retirement Engineering group with following responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain complex programs
- Work with Business Analyst to understand business problems and rewrite them into fast and efficient solutions that ultimately help our customers.
- Understand business logic from legacy code and adjust / modernize same to suit current customer needs
- Write highly efficient, scalable and maintainable programs so that they can cater to variety of customer data processing needs
- Note: This group uses SAFe Agile
What you bring:
Knowledge / Experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Microservices working experience is must.
- Design, code and test major features, and work jointly with other team members to deliver complex areas of functionality under tight deadlines.
- Document specifications, design areas, test results, and solutions implemented
- Code corrections for identified defects for new and existing releases of the software
- Ensure compliance with predefined coding best practices
- Ensure adherence to processes as required by the project
- Update the manager of the progress on module, flag risks and issues early on in the process
- Coordinate with lead programmer(s) and business analyst(s) with focus on effective communication from a delivery perspective
- The individual may be required to work on multiple areas simultaneously (development, platform releases, installations, conversions, support, training, etc.)
- Core Java, Latest features of Java (8 & 11)
- Web services – SOAP & REST
- Frameworks – Spring, Hibernate, Junit (Unit testing), spring boot (good to have)
- Knowledge of Design patterns
- Deployment and insight on App. Servers – Tomcat and JBoss
- Sound knowledge of Databases – Oracle, MS-SQL (My-SQL is good to have)
- Background of building Web applications is mandatory.
- Sound analytical & communication skills
- Sound debugging skills & hands on knowledge of industry standard tools such as eclipse, SOAP UI etc.
- HTML 5 & CSS 3
Good to have skills includes
- Apache Maven
- Degree or equivalent
- Excellent communicator – ability to discuss technical and commercial solutions to internal and external parties and adapt depending on the technical or business focus of the discussion
- Attention to detail – track record of authoring high quality documentation
- Organized approach – manage and adapt priorities according to client and internal requirements
- Self-starter but team mindset - work autonomously and as part of a global team
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities