Java Senior Developer/Dev Ops at Zealogics LLC (Atlanta, GA)
* Responsible for the hands-on design and development of core Java applications as part of the Deposits Agile Squad/Fleet.
* Ensure developed code is in alignment with system architecture and integration design standards; working with an enterprise framework.
* Analyze user requirements, envision system features and functionality.
* Interface with global team of developers and business users.
* Produce proof of concept in the new areas of development.
* Participate in design discussions and contribute to the architecture process.
* Investigate production issues.
* Provide technical support for debugging web applications, database and assistance to production systems.
* The candidate will support continuous improvement of the automated systems. Participate in all aspects of SDLC (analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation)
* Actively contribute and participate in design and architecture discussions, daily stand-ups, and Agile Sprint planning sessions.
* 5 - 8 years of hands-on professional experience using Core Java 1.8, Java Restful APIs, Gradle, Spring, Spring Boot, IBM Websphere MQ Series and related frameworks.
* Solid understanding and experience with Object-Oriented design and development
* Experience in building server-side applications using J2EE Technologies.
* Proficient with database technologies (preferably DB2), including modelling and performance tuning.
* Proficiency in Unix/Linux environments.
* Experienced with JUnit, Test Driven Development (TDD) using Concordion framework, and Behavior Driven Development using Cucumber and Gherkin.
* Competency with source control (preferably Git) and Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins.
* Practiced understanding of Agile development methodologies & understanding of DevOps Integration
* Strong familiarity with Agile software/tools (e.g., JIRA, etc.).
* 2+ years? experience of working with geographically dispersed teams, that fall across different time zones
* The ability to write reusable, optimized, maintainable code that is well documented and follows industry-standard best practices
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication and presentation skills: ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, across all stakeholder groups and with staff from junior to senior levels
* Proficiency with Kafka, Websockets, Hazelcast, and in-memory databases.
* Knowledge of Financial markets, lending based products & Wealth Management
* Prior work experience with cloud based applications