Role: Java Developer
Location: India Remote
Shift Timing: 1PM to 10PM
Mandatory Skill set:
• Proficient in Java8, Spring Core, SpringBoot, JPA, Hibernate
• Working knowledge of any database (SQL/NoSQL)
• Excellent knowledge in building Restful APIs
• Maven/Gradle or any build tool
• Git/SVN or equivalent version control
• Experience with Web containers like Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Glassfish.
• Experience and desire to work in the Global offshore/onshore model. • Experience in Agile process
• Designs and develops software for large-scale enterprise services.
• Responsibilities include Translating functional requirements into conceptual and detailed designs.
• Providing estimates for development effort.
• Implementing proof of concept, prototypes and production-grade software.
• Creating unit and acceptance tests; coordinating sign-off from QA/Test.
• Automating deployment.
• Assisting Operations and Support staff in trouble-shooting software issues, as well as, implementing bug fixes.
• Depending on the assignment and level of responsibility, expertise, or working knowledge in multiple programming languages, technologies, and software platforms.
• Adheres to established coding and process best practices.
• Makes regular contribution to engineering standards and best practices.
• Develops own technical leadership skill by providing mentorship to others. • Initiates ideas and acts upon ideas that result in indirect benefits.
• Ability to develop, adopt, and share quality improvement strategy.
• Initiates opportunity for collaborating outside of his/her team.
• Maintains a collaborative working relationship with others by seeking, using and giving feedback Job complexity:
• Designs robust, scalable, secure, and globalized feature.
• Demonstrates sound rationale in making design trade-offs for various feature areas.
• Identifies risks and mitigation for various feature areas.
• Effectively manages dependencies for various feature areas.
• Drives continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design.
• Efficiently implements feature area with minimal technical debt.
• Feature areas are easy to deploy and maintainable.
• Proactively drives refactoring and code-reuse. Feature areas are bug free.
• Includes unit tests for feature areas to achieve established code coverage targets.
• Feature areas are test-driven designed, enabling efficient regression testing.
• Makes regular contribution to test automation.
• Evolves feature area(s) with new ideas to realize greater benefits or to solve newly anticipated problems.
• Focuses on multiple feature areas or components.. Consistently, contributes to key functionalities for our product and service offering
• Works autonomously. Provides technical leadership and guidance to colleagues who are unfamiliar with own feature areas. Uses own growth experience to mentor developing colleagues.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More Information on Rackspace Technology
Rackspace Technology operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Antonio, TX and San Antonio, TX. Rackspace Technology was founded in 1998. It has 7509 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 238 open jobs at Rackspace Technology, click here.
Read Full Job Description