Information Security Engineer II - Remote at First Citizens Bank (Raleigh, NC)
| Raleigh-Durham, NC
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:21 p.m. (CST) on Friday, August 19, 2022
- This position ensures the technological and digital security of the Bank at an advanced level of ability and technical expertise. Mitigates exposure to cyber threats, security risks, and unauthorized access. Assesses organizational networks, applications, or systems for potential vulnerabilities. Protects assets and information through a variety of methods, resolving security issues or incidents as they arise. Maintains a strong knowledge of industry practices, technology, and evolving threats in order to enhance defenses for the Bank's information systems and resources. May provide guidance for less experienced associates in the work group.
- Technical Security - Ability to research new security tools and technologies, gather requirements, test in Proof of Concept lab and deploy in QA and Production environments. Ability to clearly document design and engineering plan for handoff to Operational teams.
- Analysis - Identifies and evaluates identify potential threats or vulnerabilities in the Bank's networks, applications, or systems. Compiles data from external or internal sources. Creates actionable intelligence based on review of analysis.
- Security Expertise - Maintains a current knowledge of technology, emerging threats, and security trends within the assigned technical area. Provides guidance on appropriate security protocols. Participates in special projects as a technical and security resource. May assist with training on trends, threats, and applicable technologies.
- Issue Resolution - Investigates and resolves security incidents which may include unauthorized access, malware infections, configuration anomalies, cyber attacks, and other risks. Escalates as appropriate.
- Business Planning - May assist in in the development of security policies, standards, and strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of experience in Systems Engineering, Network, or Information Security OR High School Diploma or GED and 8 years of experience in Systems Engineering, Network, or Information Security
- License or Certification Type: Valid driver's license Required
- Skill(s): Knowledge of data security practices, procedures. monitoring and alert tools, and risk management standards, Knowledge of Active Directory administration and user provisioning, Domain Name System, Group Policy Objects, New Technology File System permissions, File Shares, SharePoint, and Domain controllers, Knowledge of Identity and Access Management concepts and technologies, Ability to clearly communicate risks, threats, and vulnerabilities identified during assessments , Availability to provide after-hours operational support on a rotational basis, with minimal travel
More Information on First Citizens Bank
First Citizens Bank operates in the Financial Services industry. The company is located in Raleigh, NC. First Citizens Bank was founded in 1898. It has 6642 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all jobs at First Citizens Bank, click here.
Read Full Job Description