Incubation Senior Gameplay Engineer at Bungie (Remote)
Are you inspired to create a hopeful new game world that brings players together from all over the planet? Do you dream of new game experiences the world has never seen? We are seeking a highly technical and team-oriented Senior Gameplay Engineer who is incredibly excited to help build an online sandbox game unlike anything Bungie has ever created. This is a unique industry opportunity to join a team at the beginning of its journey and help innovate and craft the identity of the next generation of gaming.
You are a strong generalist and a resourceful self-starter who is adaptive to a changing environment. You’ll use a wide range of technologies to build game features on the path to production and work closely with designers and artists to realize their vision. As part of a diverse company that prizes creativity and technical excellence, you will work closely with a fun and inspirational cross-discipline team motivated to create the best games in the world.
- Efficiently deliver prototype code, production workflows, and tools
- With minimal oversight, design and build a wide range of technology and systems to support the evolving needs of the team
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to teammates, ranging from short-term problem solving to long-term roadmap planning.
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to create new irresistible game experiences
- Build trust and help other engineers tackle challenging problems while sensibly managing technology risks
- Experience writing game code in any programming language
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Comfortable working in all phases of development from prototyping to production to post release
- Strong emotional intelligence and consensus building skills
- Experience working in C#
- Experience working with game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Experience with a variety of current game engines building for many platforms (PC, Console, Mobile, VR)
- Technical expertise in AAA game dynamic simulation, networking, and/or virtual worlds
- Experience working on MMOs or other large multiplayer online games
- Breadth of perspective of global game culture and emerging trends
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.