Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
As a software engineer in product engineering, you will have the opportunity to work on our applications in concert with our product, platform, and design teams. You will make impactful product features a reality across a variety of product verticals, including advisor workflows, calculations, and client communications.
Addepar expects its product engineering team members to be capable of executing across the stack, although specialization in one or more areas is common and encouraged. The thread that unites all product engineers at Addepar is that they focus on delivering great products that drive value for Addepar clients. To be successful in this mission, in addition to your technical skills, we expect strong communication skills, the ability to work cross-functionally, and a context-driven approach to product development.
The problems we’re tackling at Addepar are complex, but they’re also globally important. Addepar has the potential to make private investing more transparent, more efficient, and more ethical. If you’re interested in that, we’re excited to meet you.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with engineers, designers and product owners to deliver high performing customer experiences that are engaging, purposeful and powerful in their simplicity.
- Find creative solutions to technical challenges.
- Own the implementation of impactful features and architectural enhancements that level up our application to serve larger levels of complexity and scale.
- Advocate for best practices and process improvements.
Who You Are
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar technical field of study (or equivalent practical experience.).
- 5+ years experience as a professional software engineer.
- A passion for implementing best practices and a bias toward smart automation.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and mentor other engineers.
- Experience building scalable systems, modeling financial data, or building intuitive, feature-rich user interfaces.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot accept Colorado applicants.