Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer who can help us design, build, and maintain high-performance, scalable, reliable infrastructure built on top of Kubernetes. As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Checkr, you will work closely with our foundation teams to build and run the core components that power Checkr applications and services. You will also partner with product engineering teams to help make their services more performant, scalable, observable, and reliable. We believe every engineering team at Checkr should be responsible for the software they build, and the Infrastructure team plays a critical role by providing the tools, services, practices, and expertise to make that happen.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr
- Building, maintaining, optimizing and scaling Checkr’s cloud infrastructure
- Improving infrastructure operations and processes with automation and tooling
- Optimizing CI/CD pipelines and DevOps tooling
- Participating in design reviews and production reviews for new infrastructure services
- Debugging production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Ensuring the scalability and security of Checkr infrastructure
- Working with application developers to ensure best practices and efficient use of infrastructure
What we value in a DevOps Engineer
- 3+ years of experience as an Infrastructure, DevOps engineer or relatable experience
- Experience working with microservices
- Unwavering commitment to operational security and best practices
- Experience with AWS
- A track record for being able to diagnose problems within complex systems
- Hands-on experience with containers, Linux, CI/CD, and log management
- General understanding of a wide array of open source technologies and how they fit together
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, web application security, and HTTP/HTTPS
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Actively coding in Go, Python or Ruby
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $111,988-$131,750.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.