Firmware Verification Engineer, MPSoC Tools & Testing at Argo AI (Pittsburgh, PA)
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The MPSoC Tools & Testing team at Argo AI is responsible for the overall test and verification strategy of safety-critical software and firmware in our embedded systems. As a Firmware Verification Engineer on the MPSoC Tools & Testing team, you will work with firmware, software, and systems engineering teams to develop test plans and decompose system level requirements into test plans and specifications to enable efficient and robust development of complex embedded systems. We’re looking for someone who has deep experience in both system and module level testing, and can extend their knowledge to various firmware development ecosystems.
What you’ll do:
- Decompose requirements to support safety-critical firmware and test software development
- Develop test plans, specifications, and supporting software for periodic regression tests, robust firmware verification, and system level integration
- Execute system level integration tests to verify firmware requirements and better understand applicability of requirements in embedded systems
- Contribute to interface specifications between software components to drive safety goals
- Drive the application of best practices to ensure code testability and health while increasing engineering throughput
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Experience with safety-critical software verification (ISO-26262, IEC-61508, DO-178B, or similar)
- A deep understanding of software testing best practices
- Experience creating and executing verification plans and data collection activities on embedded systems
- Open to occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of various devices used in embedded systems, including MCUs, SoCs, and FPGAs
- Experience developing test automation software with Python
- Experience with Hardware-in-Loop systems
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.