At SecureLink, we take our jobs seriously, but ourselves - not so much. We're a results-driven team that isn't afraid of a challenge and understands the team effort required to accomplish something great. We're also people-oriented, so respect, teamwork, collaboration, and culture are some of our top priorities.
When you work for SecureLink, you're making a difference. As the industry leader, it's our mission to secure the most critical systems and highly sensitive data of organizations around the globe. SecureLink provides security, privacy, data governance, and compliance solutions for companies across multiple industries, including healthcare, critical infrastructure, manufacturing, government, legal, and gaming. Whether you're helping organizations implement secure third-party remote access, developing innovative solutions using the most advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence tools and approaches, providing mission critical support or contributing to our sales and marketing efforts, you're making the world a more secure and safe place while working at SecureLink.
At SecureLink, we value authenticity over perfection. We know that coming as you are can feel unsafe in some work environments. SecureLink employees are working to create an empowering environment for everyone. We are committed to the ongoing examination of our practices, candid evaluation of our own biases, data-informed improvements, and respectful forums for voicing our honest perspectives and feedback. We foster a workplace environment marked by creativity, collaboration, and most importantly, kindness. Different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results.
We embrace differences and do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital/family status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, political affiliation, neurodiversity, socioeconomic background or any other characteristics that make us unique.
Choose Where You Work
At SecureLink, we believe trust is an essential ingredient for building productivity in the workplace. We want to ensure that all of our employees feel both safe and productive. Our employees have the option to work 100% remotely, 50% remotely, or 100% from our physical offices located in Austin, TX, Nashville, TN, and San Jose, CR.
What You'll Do
The ETL Developer is the alchemist of the SecureLink machine learning team, overseeing the ETL pipeline and ensuring that the data from our customers is flowing to us securely and regularly. You will interface with customers to set up and manage their data, exemplifying our company values by being friendly, prompt, and meticulous. Once the data is uploaded, you are responsible for ensuring that all data points are present and standardized, which is necessary for our analytics to run accurately and thoroughly. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Own ETL pipelines from customer data to SecureLink's applications
- Evaluate and implement data transformation workflows
- Construct and revise SQL queries to extract data from customer data sources
- Advise clients on generating data compatible with our application
- Advise on & define data requirements for new or underutilized customer features
- Collaborate with internal and customer teams to meet project milestones
- Provide technical expertise during implementation projects
- Perform validation on data both in raw form and when loaded into the application
- Maintain documentation of customer data feeds, technical specifications, and data workflows
- Help define and create the next generation of ETL tools and workflows used by our team
What You'll Need
You absolutely must have:
- 1-4 years of experience in a data engineer / ETL developer role, or coding in an EMR data environment
- Prior work with writing SQL queries, manipulating/importing/exporting data
- Proficiency in Python, Go, or some other programming language
- Comfort in Linux command line
- Desire and ability to collaborate with teammates and customers
- Curiosity and drive to optimize existing processes
It would be a big plus if you have:
- Experience with hospital EMR databases (e.g., Epic, Cerner, Meditech, Medhost)
- Experience with distributed data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, Kafka)
- Experience with scheduling frameworks (e.g., Airflow, Prefect, AWS Glue)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
You'll be using regularly:
- SQL, Python, Bash, Go
- Linux environments and tools
- Relational databases such as Postgres (internally); SQL Server and Oracle (externally)
You'll also get exposure to tools used in our applications:
- Web application technologies including Django and React
- Infrastructure tools including Ansible, Terraform, and Docker
- Messaging and processing frameworks including Celery and RabbitMQ