It’s our mission to build a world that communicates more humanly. Since 2001, we’ve been delivering innovative and powerful communication solutions. Today, we’re a communication intelligence company applying powerful machine intelligence and carefully developed algorithms to deliver effective human engagement at scale even when we are not face to face — all guided by our values of Listening, Respect, Innovation, and Passion.
Our customers use Whispir to communicate across multiple channels from SMS to email, to dynamic landing pages, voice and more – all easily configured to meet their specific needs. All of our customers benefit from our low code – no code platform and powerful APIs. Our promise is to deliver a platform capable of achieving the world’s highest engagement rates.About the Position
This role sits within Whispir’s Engineering and Architecture team. The team is responsible for setting the Architectural strategy, discovering and defining platform capabilities, creating roadmaps and reference architectures and working closely with product and engineering teams to help achieve high quality outcomes.
Your responsibilities include participating in a diverse and distributed team of software developers and engineers, collaborating with product managers, scrum masters and other technology professionals. With prior organisational leadership experience, you are able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem solver. Demonstrating excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design. You are a responsible individual with a bias towards collaboration and action.
- Create and own the strategic end-to-end architecture roadmap
- Driving evolutionary change through influential leadership practices and appropriate governance structures that support a fast delivery cadence
- Assist delivery teams in becoming aware of problems around the corner and ensure company-wide problems find the right owner
- Identify key product and commercial needs and develop strategies that unlock those opportunities
- Research global communication platforms trends and evaluating with stakeholders to determine if and how to be incorporated into the roadmap
- Evaluate internal functions, business development strategies, and IT processes
- Proactively drive the ideation and exploration of new ideas. as well as iterate on new or existing products/features based on feedback and data.
- Proactively manage key stakeholders on short, mid and longer term initiatives
- Lead a number of major architecture initiatives to build alignment and cohesion across pods/teams/domains/offerings
- Coach and mentor others in architectural thinking and other strength areas
- Develop close working relationships with Engineering, AI & Data, Quality Assurance and Technical Operations (DEVOPS) on platform delivery and support
- Work closely with information security and platform teams to implement compliance architecture features such as data storage, metadata management and change control
- Participating as a member of the Technology Senior Leadership Team and oversee architecture governance processes
Even if you don't meet this criteria perfectly but believe you have lots to bring to the role, we encourage you to apply. We know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap - you don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
- An expert in one of more Architecture domains and experience operating in an Enterprise Architecture or similar role.
- A great communicator, influencer and an ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- A bias towards user and customer-centered outcomes to define and create value, as well supporting scalable, secure and cost efficient solutions
- A proven ability to work within long-term time frames and anticipate opportunities or problems that are likely to arise
- A programmatic problem solver who enjoys collaboration with others
- Previous working experience in software engineering and developing highly scalable customer-oriented platforms, preferably SaaS
- Strong knowledge of AWS and modern engineering practices
- Have an appetite for understanding industry trends and participating with technical communities
Why We Think You Will Love Working at Whispir
- Totally flexible working hours because you know how to get the most out of your day
- Birthday paid leave
- Volunteer and engage with community paid leave
- Ongoing monthly WFH allowance
- Women of Whispir program to connect senior female leaders with women across the company to promote connection, networking and mentoring opportunities
Whispir is an endorsed employer for all women; check out our benefits directly at WORK180: Whispir Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
Whispir places a high value on inclusion. Those from under represented communities are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is definitely not limited to, people with a lived-experience of mental ill health, culturally and linguistically diverse people, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities.
We take our core values seriously and work hard to create an environment where you feel welcomed. Teams who reflect a diversity of experience, identity, perspective, and background help us to create a healthy & inclusive working culture
If this has resonated with you, we look forward to hearing from you soon!