Engineering Team Lead (f/m/x) at Graylog, Inc. (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:11 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 30, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Graylog is an award-winning centralised log management solution that enables fast and efficient log analysis in the areas of security, compliance, operations, and DevOps. Our enterprise solution enables organizations globally to capture, store, and analyze terabytes of machine data in near-real time, while our open project, which has been deployed in more than 50,000 installations worldwide, empowers individuals and small teams to perform basic log consolidation, analysis, and search functions at no cost.
We're a remote-friendly company with locations in Hamburg, Munich, London, Boulder, and headquarters in Houston, TX. If you live near an office and want to be part of said office, great. Nearish to an office and want to have the ability to hot desk? No problem. And if you're not near an office and wish to work remotely, all good!
With the success of current and past, Graylog continues to invest in our people and as such we're growing in almost every business area globally. Several recent achievements for Graylog have been inclusion in the 2021 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™, Gold 2021 Stevie Winner, and 2020 Best Tech Startup in Houston to name just a few.
Who we’re looking for;
Graylog is growing in almost every business area (several times over in fact) and we are recruiting for an Engineering Team Lead- Europe to build out and manage our distributed team of experienced engineers.
As an Engineering Team Lead, you’ll be responsible for the on-time delivery of projects around our Graylog solution in software development, UX/UI, and QA.
The Engineering Team Lead will report to the VP of Engineering based in Hamburg and play a critical role in ensuring a scalable and efficient operation.
This role is a full-time permanent position based in Germany. We have offices in Hamburg and Munich or alternatively the Engineering Team Lead can be based remotely in Germany.
Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Lead, manage, and grow a distributed team of up to 12 experienced software engineers
- Hire engineers according to our staffing plan. This includes organizing and performing job interviews and additional hiring activities in collaboration with the Graylog people team
- Collaborate with product management and VP engineering to determine staffing requirements
- Design processes for collaboration with other internal stakeholders
- Advance a culture of supportive partnership, mutual respect, and consensus- based and/ or consultative decision making
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other Engineering Team Leads to ensure delivery of projects and milestones
Little bit about you;
- Hands- on professional engineering experience plus a minimum of 3 years successful leadership experience
- Team- orientated approach to work, knowledge sharing, and willing to learn
- The ability to organize work efficiently, prioritize goals, and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with working in a remote environment with global teams using Slack. Zoom, and other communication technologies
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communications kills with a focus on relationship and trust-building
- Genuine interest in the development and success of team members
- Willingness to occasionally travel to our Hamburg, Germany & Houston, US offices
- Spoken & written proficiency in English
Just some of the reasons why to join Graylog;
- Centrally located office in Hamburg or Munich, Germany, or option to work remotely
- Management team with deep programming, technical, and product experience
- Opportunity to work with a globally distributed and diverse team
- Grow and develop professionally and personally in a fast-growing environment
- Choice of latest equipment to help you succeed
- Monthly allowance to support your commute costs and support outfitting your work from home environment
Here at Graylog, you'll find a diverse group of experienced professionals who love to have fun while meeting the needs of our customers with the best solution and customer service available.
Openness- As a global company, we encourage our people to bring their backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives to our collective work. We lead with integrity and are committed to doing what is best for the Graylog community.
Collaboration- Through mutual respect, trust, and candid communication across all teams, we deliver the best ideas and results.
Useful Innovation- We take calculated risks to find new ways to innovate. By continuously improving ourselves, processes, and technologies, we deliver the best solution for our customers.
Ownership- As owners, we take the initiative to solve internal and external problems while supporting peer success and holding ourselves accountable for delivering the best work. We do this from a place of high trust.
Do the Right Thing!- Comfort and safety come from knowing that everyone will do the right thing, even when nobody's looking.
For further information please submit an application and a member of the Graylog People Team will be in touch.
More Information on Graylog, Inc.
Graylog, Inc. operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Houston, TX. Graylog, Inc. was founded in 2009. It has 84 total employees. To see all jobs at Graylog, Inc., click here.
Read Full Job Description