Engineering Manager at Mojito (Remote)
Mojito is the leading NFT platform for the world's most iconic brands, sports teams, and celebrities. Our no-code dashboard, best-in-class API and industry leading creatives make it easy to build a bespoke, branded NFT marketplace. Backed by CAA and Sotheby’s, our customer list is chalk full of household names across sports, entertainment and more and we are creating the future of engagement.
We are passionate about building products for a diverse, global audience and think our team should be a reflection of that. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.About the role
Web3, and more specifically Mojito, offers engineers the opportunity to leave their mark on history as we define the future of the internet, culture, and human interaction. At Mojito, we endeavor to make this future as accessible as possible to a mainstream audience. To do this we need brilliant engineers with both game changing vision and the ability to actualize it as a product compelling enough to be used by billions.What you'll do
- Expand a team of software engineers from sourcing to hiring
- Iterate and manage team structure, charter, and vision.
- Establish and advocate for engineering best practices.
- Develop and decide your team's goals.
- Refine internal team processes like onboarding and pairing to help your team succeed.
- Coach engineers to help them grow both personally and in their careers.
- Build relationships and work with product managers, project managers, designers, and QA to ensure product delivery.
- Promote an inclusive team culture of engineers from diverse backgrounds.
- Occasionally jump into the code to assist your team.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience on frontend or backend systems.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience on production systems.
- Proficient in sourcing, hiring, onboarding, and coaching new engineers.
- Experience managing mid to staff-level engineers.
- Experience navigating change and leading teams through new projects and changing goals.
- Experience managing a team responsible for production systems at scale.
- Experience developing roadmaps and goal setting for your team.
- Experience working on or managing a team delivering blockchain products.
- Experience writing code in Go or TypeScript/JS/React.
- Experience with GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes, Postgres, or Kafka.