GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $30 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role:
We’re looking for an experienced and detail-oriented engineering manager to join our growing team. In this role, you will not only lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams in creating and delivering products, but you will be involved in solving challenging technical problems. As a leader, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. You will be responsible for managing project goals, contribute to core platform product strategy, lead software architecture design, and help develop and grow the team. You should have strong communication skills, both within the engineering teams and with stakeholders across the various projects you will interact with.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Owns strategy and implementation of products that deliver against team-owned business KPIs
- Responsible for key system design, integration decisions and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
- Able to materially improve performance and quality of team output.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members
- Work closely with other across teams and disciplines to ensure quality and reliability of services
- Work with the team and other cross-functional leaders to define roadmap and vision
- Use business knowledge to guide team technical decisions
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience as an engineering manager
- A seasoned and experienced manager that successfully led a single function team. Preferably experience managing multiple teams.
- Proven track record of hiring, retaining and nurturing great engineers
- Strong knowledge of application design, development and operating critical infrastructure reliably
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop several teams - local and remote
- You have experience architecting and implementing high performance and large scale distributed systems
- Experience working in an Agile (Kanban) development environment
- Experience with AWS technologies including API Gateway, AppSync, Lambda, StepFunctions, EventBridge
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and your engineering teams on track
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related quantitative degree
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $30 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.