Engineering Manager at Forge (Remote)
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
As an engineering organization we pride ourselves on engineering as a creative activity. Engineering managers enable engineers to do their best work by maintaining a culture and environment where engineers can achieve autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Technical Leader who wants to stay hands on while leading a team of Software Engineers.
- Engineering Managers at Forge are responsible for mentoring and managing a team of engineers while also staying hands on in product delivery
- Manage a development team responsible for building and integrating financial books and records systems
- Drive continual improvements to the team and owned services
- Support career development of direct reports
- Provide technical direction to engineers
- Participate in the recruiting and hiring process
- Contribute to technical design/architecture, code, and overall team delivery
- Assess risk and influence outcome through clear feedback
- Actively promote and practice the principles of Extreme Programming, such as pair programming, continuous integration, and collective code ownership, to ensure high-quality software development
- 2+ years of experience leading software engineers
- 5+ years of full stack software design and engineering experience across the entire software development lifecycle
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience building and deploying web applications using .NET or Java frameworks
- 10 years of overall software engineering experience
- FinTech or Financial Services industry experience
- Detailed understanding of maintaining, operating, supporting, deploying, and troubleshooting full stack applications on cloud infrastructure
- Scaling software development and delivery through patterns and practices
- Experience at growth stage startups
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time in an office setting or in a home office setting while working
For residents of San Francisco/Bay Area, CA or New York, NY the annual salary range including bonus for this role is $190,000 - $230,000 + equity. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, annual bonus, and other factors.
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.