Engineering Manager, Web Frontend at Mercari US (Remote)
Mercari is Your Marketplace. We make it super easy to sell (or buy) almost anything. We all have things we don’t use, never used or simply outgrew. But that stuff still has value. Mercari gives you the power to simply sell it, ship it, and earn some cash for it. Fashion to toys. Sporting goods to electronics. All the brands you know and love. Our mission is simple: to make selling easier than buying. And with 50M+ downloads in the U.S. and 350k+ new listings every day, we're just getting started.
The Senior Engineering Manager plays a key role in executing high-impact initiatives as well as defining, running, and improving processes to increase the effectiveness of our engineering organizations.
As a Senior Engineering Manager you will work to identify challenges and enhancements for our engineering organization, then define, execute, and deliver programs to increase effectiveness of your team. You will work fluidly from the big picture to details so that the team can deliver complex cross-functional projects. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders of the organization. As our new Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead the team and accelerate the development of our cutting-edge progressive web app for the US market using React.js, GraphQL/Apollo, Next.js, and Node.js.
What You'll Do
- Drive high standards and ensure the Web team performs at its best
- Design and lead the implementation of our web systems
- Define creative, high quality and simple road maps based on org strategy and vision. Manage and report on the status of a portfolio of projects involving web technology
- Analyze the needs of multiple stakeholders to create and support projects that address organizational and technical challenges and enhancements
- Promote a culture of documentation, mentorship and knowledge sharing within and across teams
- Track issues and proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities. Drive results proactively.
- Lead cross-team projects and initiatives with product managers, engineering managers, and engineers, defining milestones, breaking down work, estimating efforts, driving the schedule through to launch
- Work productively in a fast-paced, cross-geo, remote-first environment
- Own engineer hiring and training for your team, and establish a long-term vision for the team’s growth
What You'll Need:
- At least 2 years of experience inspiring, managing and mentoring engineers
- Experience with interdepartmental coordination
- Proven ability to attract, hire, and develop extraordinary engineers
- Experience working within Agile development workflows
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience with GraphQL/Apollo
- Experience deploying services to Google Cloud Platform
- Experience managing Kubernetes clusters
Technologies We Use:
- Google Cloud Service
Small enough to make an impact, but established enough to provide the stability you need to be successful, Mercari is the best of both worlds. At Mercari you are encouraged to take risks. And when you do, you can do it confidently, knowing you have a team and a company that supports you.
As we grow, your career opportunities with Mercari grow. As our teams expand, your responsibilities expand. Our teams are supported with access to new tools, technologies, and learning opportunities. We will never stop growing.
- Flexibility: Work remote from anywhere in the US and receive flexible time off
- Wellbeing: Top-notch insurance plans, best-in-class new parent offerings and access to mind and body wellness apps
- Growth: As we grow, your career opportunities grow, we provide access to new tools, technologies and learning opportunities
- Comprehensive and total rewards: We provide a strong financial foundation and rewards that go beyond the paycheck
- Teamwork: We are each other's biggest fans- we celebrate from virtual coffee breaks to recognition programs
- Additional Information (Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $130,600 + equity + benefits. Information about our benefits can be found here: https://www.mercari.com/careers/ *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into a location in Colorado.
Mercari is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mercari prides itself on the diversity of its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, national origin, race, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by applicable law.