Engineering Manager - Supply Chain Technology (Fulfillable Inventory Team)
As an Engineering Manager in the Supply Chain - Fulfillable Inventory team, you'll lead a group of talented engineers who are responsible for designing and developing highly available, robust and scalable solutions to support Nordstrom's supply chain operations. You will make a big impact in below:
- maximize inventory availability to increase sales
- shorten order delivery and pickup promise time
- enable supply chain dynamic network to optimize fulfillment operation
You are a highly technical leader with a bias towards action and the ability to drive consensus. You are comfortable discussing software architecture and leveraging data to influence decisions. You have a proven understanding of the fundamentals of agile processes, deep knowledge of software development lifecycle and an experience to draw from that helps you build towards a future state while making smart tradeoffs to meet current objectives. You are a creative problem solver and you know how to measure and improve your products and teams.
A day in the life...
- Responsible for architecture and solution level design at the team level
- Influence quality standards and understand, identify and measure across an entire solution
- Drive the roadmap and technical vision for the team, collaborate with product groups and partner teams to deliver value to our customers, assist in enhancing department vision and strategies to support company goals
- Grow and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- Hire capable and motivated talents that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver solutions aligned with business needs
- Contribute to architecture, coding, test plans, project plans, deployment planning and operations to drive excellence and lead team towards its goals
- Employ continuous improvement methodologies across own team
- Ensure team has the tools, resources, and information they need to be successful
You own this if you have...
- 5+ years of hands-on professional experience in delivering quality enterprise software, ideally web services
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 2+ years leading a team of junior and senior engineers to deliver backend services
- Proficiency in an Object-Oriented language, preferably Java (Spring Boot/React)
- Proven track record of delivering well designed systems with hands-on experience ranging from designing and architecting, built for scale and tested for performance.
- Experience with public cloud technologies, proficiency with AWS a plus
- Working knowledge of Kafka streaming technologies and Kubernetes
- Experience with dev-ops best practices, CI/CD, alerting, monitoring and 24/7 production support.
- Experience with agile software development, such as SCRUM or Kanban.
- Strong knowledge of Golang programming language is a plus
- Supply Chain domain knowledge is a bonus
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.