Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking a Security Engineering Manager to join our growing team. You'll mentor and grow individual contributors and lead the team responsible for the security of the application infrastructure, code, and platforms that the Mailchimp suite of products relies on. You’ll join the Security Engineering org, which is responsible for security from start to finish of the Mailchimp products. The collective teams’ work spans architecture and design review, application security, security operations, vulnerability management, penetration testing, security education, etc.
We are looking for candidates like you to join us to mature and grow our security organization. Ideal candidates join the team with a strong background in engineering, security, or development and bring a passion for people, security, and learning. Future team members will embody the company motto of “Listen Hard, Change Fast”, have a desire to constantly improve the world around them (processes and technology), and are able to work collaboratively with teammates and partners to solve problems.
What you'll do:
- You'll manage and build a team of high-performing security engineers in multiple office locations and remote; this includes hiring and growing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team.
- You'll work with peers and Directors to shape an organizational structure which is a help, and not a hindrance, to getting work done.
- You'll collaborate with engineers to help define their career path through challenging growth opportunities.
- You'll partner with our CISO and security team leaders to ensure we continuously improve our security posture, and aligning team strategy to the bigger picture.
- You'll work with technical leads to prioritize work, ensure the team has appropriate skills and size to accomplish goals, and remove roadblocks from the team’s path.
- You'll build relationships with Product Development teams to ensure security is incorporated into development practices up front, and not as an afterthought.
- You'll recognize the value of transparent, honest communication and the necessity of sharing information.
- You'll continually explore innovative business practices and determine fit for team and company.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- You are passionate about the career growth and development of engineers.
- You have prior experience leading engineering or security teams.
- You are patient, resilient, and willing to take on work when it's challenging or ambiguous.
- You have a desire to pursue collaboration even when it introduces dissent. Value bringing diverse perspectives to the table. Able to balance efforts between planning and acting.
- You understand how to augment humility with the courage to propose, develop, and defend ideas you feel passionately about.
- You commit to increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously reviewing and adjusting processes, org structure, tools, etc.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact [email protected]
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.